Would someone tell me why the heck I'm being throttled at 128Kbps?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

For your information, I asked the sales guy again and again, whether it was truly an unlimited package. I even called kashif and told him that I’m a very heavy user as I downloads loads of softwares. They assured me that it wasn’t so. Unlimited means “unlimited”, no matter how you downplay it. I asked them again and again about “fair usage policy” and according to Mr. Kashif himself, it has strictly to do with the “sharing” stuff people do with “CPEs” provided by these wimax companies. That’s why they introduced the shuttle service in the first place, to prevent that from happening. Guess what, turns out that instead of offering unlimited packages, they cripple your internet for the rest of the month if you cross a “certain” limit. If you can’t afford unlimited packages due to bandwidth constraints, why even bother in the first place. I’ve spent over 6,000 in less than 2 weeks, and what do I get ?? A stab in the back from both ISPs. All these losers truly want is to grab your money and forget that a customer even exist. I’ve got the first hand experience in that regard. All ISPs are naked in this hamaam, be it wateen, ptcl or qubee. I’ve seriously had enough of this bullshit. Its time I disconnect the service for good for a couple of months, till a worthy ISP appears on the scene, though I highly doubt of that ever happening, especially in pakistan.

[/quote]

One lesson that I have learned and everyone must remember “DO NOT believe in what a company’s representative says,not a single word”.Take advice from the consumer who are already involved with them.I have asked about Wateen services from their users in this forums before subscribing to it (and frankly,I am not satisfied with their service,too much data choking from my side but thats another story).

And jDk,you will have to wait for an eternity because no matter what company(or ISP in specific) comes,the employees will always be Pakistanis(note that Qubee is based on Augere,an European company).The entire issue is not about the competence of an ISP but the workers who are running them in this country of ours.

I didn't try it but for that you need skystar PCI card and ptcl's uplink and you will download from the satellite ,something like grabbing works.People are using it...when i'll try i will put up in detail :D

I didn’t try it but for that you need skystar PCI card and ptcl’s uplink and you will download from the satellite ,something like grabbing works.People are using it…when i’ll try i will put up in detail :D
[/quote]

waiting for the details ;)

Using wateen at the moment, as I haven't returned the device yet. One of my acquaintances talked me out of returning the device and keep it with me for backup purposes. Guess I'll do just that. I've officially asked the qubee personnel to take their #$%# and get out of my face. I won't bother chasing them around for 2,000 that i payed them. Yehi samjhoonga kisi dakoo kay haath lut gaya...

and lol Kashif not replying now :D he is Scared I think :D

Qubee is gr8 yar i dont know why u r heavy downlaoder

even in 30 days i cant consume 10gb lol

lol i Downloaded 10 GB + in 1 day lol :P

so 300 GB in 30 days :)

Qubee is gr8 yar i dont know why u r heavy downlaoder

even in 30 days i cant consume 10gb lol

[/quote]

good for you. I’m done with wimax. Might as well start an ISP myself to shoo all these jokers away :). YOu never know ;)

good for you. I’m done with wimax. Might as well start an ISP myself to shoo all these jokers away :). YOu never know ;)

[/quote]

jDk don’t waste your time with them…learn about satellite internet and share with us :P People are getting 2-3MB/sec speeds on it :D

jDk don’t waste your time with them…learn about satellite internet and share with us :P People are getting 2-3MB/sec speeds on it :D

[/quote]

2-3 Mb speed??Are you talking about the download speed or the overall speed?

I better start doing some research about this satellite internet then.Please koder share some details about it once you manage to set it up

Yes please share some details :) we are your Fellows :D

Guys I haven't tried it personally but I'll try it when I get the dvb card and dish antenna.When I'll succeed i'll surely tell you everything about it. Hashmi sb am talking about transfer speed.

Guys I haven’t tried it personally but I’ll try it when I get the dvb card and dish antenna.When I’ll succeed i’ll surely tell you everything about it. Hashmi sb am talking about transfer speed.
[/quote]

Ran a speedtest today. Same story :@…

Qubee’s customer support doesn’t answer my phone call :S… I’ve been trying since yesterday… What a country. Why am I stuck in this shithole of a country.

[/quote]

kindly mind your words and language too ! if this country is a #$%# for you then you can think you are you ?? of course a piece of #$%#.

dont give this typo remarx for the entire country , many patriots are here and still a live !

kindly mind your words and language too ! if this country is a #$%# for you then you can think you are you ?? of course a piece of #$%#.

dont give this typo remarx for the entire country , many patriots are here and still a live !

[/quote]

Go to hell. I ain’t talking with you…

Go to hell. I ain’t talking with you…

[/quote]

Nadeem is right,you should mind your language.We know that you are having an issue and we are sympathetic,but that doesn’t give you a reason of typing foul words.Practice patience,it goes a long way.

Nvm...