Worldcall?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

mind your language - no point in calling anybody silly. I am in lahore and our business has been running smoothly and FYI having canadian Govt. client means we cant afford to have any delays and worldcall has never let us down except a few times when the cable (under the sea) was damaged.
[/quote]

the last time i checked “silly” wasint a profanity. and there is a point in calling you silly, but i dont doubt your word on go4crap giving you a “reliable” service, good for you and your canadian clients.

Like I said above, I'm pretty happy with Worldcall overall. I'd had it for almost 8 months now and it just went down once for a couple of hours. I've been downloading non stop since I got it, no issues and continuous 30k download speed on my 256k connection for the past 8 months. I got wcall cable internet back in 2000 when it was 'new', then it was total crap, but now is a totally different story. I can't in all honesty call it 'crap' anymore. It's been the most reliable internet connection I've ever used. I would go so far to say it's great!

Touch wood, touch wood, touch wood, touch wood! ;)

Just hope they lower the damn prices. Rs. 1800 for 256 k is insane when you can get a 512 k unlimited for Rs. 1200.

i think a price reduction is in the pipeline, probably another month before they make the adjustment.

and btw today my go4crap connection went down 3 times for around 30-40 minutes each time.

You know I think the Karachi service sucks and the Lahore service is pretty good. That's why we have people with totally conflicting opinions.

Worldcall Lahore > Worldcall Karachi

Probably because their management and headquarters are there, not to mention their CEO, S. Taseer (currently also a care taker minister in the govt.) resides there and is a prominent member of the business and social scene. Karachi may be Worldcall's bread and butter, but Lahore is where they serve the cream.

edit:

Just wanted to add that Worldcall in Lahore was an well organized, planned deployment of infrastructure, Karachi on the other hand, not so much. That being said, things are getting better, but I hate them because they got rid of the "Comedy", european "Discovery" and "Nat Geo" channels. Not to mention, that Channel V is not available in Karachi because of the mullah factor...

either way, theres a mass exodus (home & business users, source: a wc sales agent) already taking place to other services offering more affordable rates so, they better get their act together here soon.

anybody has a list of worldcall channels available in lahore?

Worldcall Lahore > Worldcall Karachi

Probably because their management and headquarters are there, not to mention their CEO, S. Taseer (currently also a care taker minister in the govt.) resides there and is a prominent member of the business and social scene. Karachi may be Worldcall’s bread and butter, but Lahore is where they serve the cream.

edit:

Just wanted to add that Worldcall in Lahore was an well organized, planned deployment of infrastructure, Karachi on the other hand, not so much. That being said, things are getting better, but I hate them because they got rid of the “Comedy”, european “Discovery” and “Nat Geo” channels. Not to mention, that Channel V is not available in Karachi because of the mullah factor…

[/quote]

Raza u’ve got it the other way round. WorldCall Cable internet first started in Lahore and they made a lot of mistakes. Consequently when they setup the network in Khi they made a much better equipment selection and network rollout. Also their rates are cheaper in Khi than in Lahore even though the cost of BW (Bandwidth) is same in both cities.

I was referring more to their TV services, but yeah, you probably are right. I still hate them for screwing with my comedy channel...

anybody has a list of worldcall channels available in lahore?
[/quote]

The only thing i know is that they have no english music channel on there analog cable at this moment, and that is depressing.

any inside news on package changes for lahore? if they don't do it this month, i will shift to ptcl dsl. I will get 1MB unlimited in the same rate + 200 (4 times the speed of my package). And PTCL is good because I am using it in office already.

World Signal Sucks.

for 6000 rs down (one time fee) and 1500 rs a month you get these vod channels on worldcall (by the way i think these prices are too much)

TV Ch# Channel Name

1 IRIB 1

2 Amrica Plus

3 Wikked Plus

4 Pogo

5 Bloomberg

6 Super Movies

7 Disney

8 Show Series

9 Show Comedy

10 Show Movies 1

11 Show Movies 2

12 Show Movies Action

13 Show Movies Family

14 TCM

15 FTV Arabia

16 Super Sports 1

17 BBC Prime

18 Iqra

19 ART Teenz

20 MTV International

21 ESPN International

22 Fox Sports

23 NOW

24 Ujala

25 FTV International

26 LBC

27 Dream

28 Melody Hits

29 Channel V China

30 Music Plus

31 Dubai One

32 Dubai Sports

33 Sama Dubai

34 Dubai TV

35 Space Toon

36 Saudi 1

37 MBC 4

38 MBC 2

39 MBC 3

40 MBC Action

comedy and mtv international are included

got the bill today - no package changes !! what are they thinking?

Jack,

I spoke to Worldcall and I was told the digital reciever only costs Rs. 2300 and cost nothing extra per month?

I am going to call them again and find out.

edit: called and confirmed,

Digital Terminal costs Rs. 2500 once (no idea if this is your own or theirs) and there are no extra charges on a month-to-month basis....I have ordered the box, let's see how it works out.

Jack,

I spoke to Worldcall and I was told the digital reciever only costs Rs. 2300 and cost nothing extra per month?

Digital Terminal costs Rs. 2500 once (no idea if this is your own or theirs) and there are no extra charges on a month-to-month basis…I have ordered the box, let’s see how it works out.

[/quote]

What? Really? No extra monthly cost? Just 2300 for the receiver? This is VOD right?

So what would your monthly tv cost be? The same as cable?

Raza

Digital Terminal costs Rs. 2500 once (no idea if this is your own or theirs) and there are no extra charges on a month-to-month basis....I have ordered the box, let's see how it works out.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

i was told that they ran out of these boxes (in karachi anyways, i don know which city u are in)i will confirm it also

I was told the same thing...they are out of the boxes.

Worldcall is bought by Oman Telecom? Is that true?

Worldcall is bought by Oman Telecom? Is that true?
[/quote]

yes it is