Worldcall in DHA Lahore

I am residing in DHA Phase 2 S block and i used to have worldcall cable internet few years back but left because of poor support for last 2 months(My internet would be down for most of the week). This was before the management change of worldcall. I was wondering if someone near S Block Phase 2 DHA or Phase 2 or in DHA Lahore can answer me the following questions about Worldcall cable internet(Please mention your area with response):

• How is their 4Mbps connection? What is average download speed you get? What is average upload speed?
  • Do they have any fair policy for their 4Mbps connection? If yes, what is the limit?
  • Does the cable internet goes down often in your area?
  • How is their support? How long does it take them to fix a problem?
  • Does your internet goes down when there are load shedding in nearby areas?
  • Does the internet still works after load shedding in your area?
  • Please provide any other information about their service in DHA Lahore if you can or any advice dealing with worldcall.

I am interested in these connections as i want to apply for a 4Mbps Worldcall connection. So any help regarding this would be very helpful.

NOTE: Please don't recommend PTCL as i have already have PTCL DSL at my house for more than a year. I am right now paying for 4Mbps connection for ptcl but i am currently connected to ptcl 2Mbps port as i asked them 2-3 times to upgrade my port from 2M to 4M but all times the same problem occurs that my internet does not even connect when they connect to 4M and as i have copper cable they say that the problem is in our line and i have to switch back to 2M to internet to work. The only solution they propose is to install fiber optic line but first it will be expensive and secondly i don't think it will still resolve the speed issue as they limit download speed in my area. The service for PTCL is pathetic in my area as i get 1M speed on my 2M connection currently and been complaining for many months but they keep making excuses and don't fix the problem.

I would like to know this to, near phase 3 z block area.

stay as far away from worldcall as possible. I too live in S Block and tried their 4Mb service for 1 month. Although download was ok but upload sucked at 0.3Mbps. So i downgraded to 1Mb for 2 months and eventually got sick of their Traffic shapping and poor service and disconnected. They have no UPS and net is unreliable and would go down with loadshedding. They installed Generator now but it still takes few seconds to kick in and causes net modem to resync after 10mins.

[quote=“Dogar, post:3, topic:16588”]

stay as far away from worldcall as possible. I too live in S Block and tried their 4Mb service for 1 month. Although download was ok but upload sucked at 0.3Mbps. So i downgraded to 1Mb for 2 months and eventually got sick of their Traffic shapping and poor service and disconnected. They have no UPS and net is unreliable and would go down with loadshedding. They installed Generator now but it still takes few seconds to kick in and causes net modem to resync after 10mins.

[/quote]

I have been now using worldcall for about 3 months now in S Block and have been satisified with the performance. Other than the low speed for watching youtube videos i get consistently good download speed. Overall web browsing is good as well. I don’t use worldcall during loadshedding right now as don’t have UPS for the worldcall router right now so the generator thing right now is not a concern for me.

The only problem i had with worldcall during 3 months was 3-4 days period where the internet was not working and when i called them to get information they checked and told me that there was maintainance going on my area. After those 3-4 days there has been no problems with worldcall. So far i am satisfied with worldcall.