Want to buy a dish antenna - Help!

Buying a cable , digital Tv will not fix the problem ..

you can buy India's Dish Tv which is available in pakistan , which will cost you

2500 + 1300 (receiver and dish) , it is a very small dish .. this will give you 30 - 40 channels for free .. but those channels will be free to air..

and if you want all 250 channels then your cost wud be 7500 total with a card receiver ..which will monthly cost you Rs 700 ..

What I think that Dish tv or any other indian DTH system cannot be a replacement or a solution in Pakistan as they only cater to indian content viewing. Mostly channels are indian which is not everyone would go for and moreover the English channels that they provide have below par quality entertainment. I believe suntv and worldcall are the best replacements here bru!

^^^I totally agree with you. Indian DTH is good only for those who have no problem with Indian content. they get absolutely everything indian on it. Otherwise it is 100% illegal and they block illegal smart cards time to time.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^^I totally agree with you. Indian DTH is good only for those who have no problem with Indian content. they get absolutely everything indian on it. Otherwise it is 100% illegal and they block illegal smart cards time to time.
[/quote]

Please see this before giving your comments

http://www.opensky.net.pk/index1.htm

The “TaTaSky” company is it self offering the service for Paksitan

That's impressive cauz it had serious issues regarding it's legality here. Anyway a guy like me would definitely have gonna some serious problems with channels they are providing. I thought they might be providing different channels for Pakistan environment but it's not the case. I have seen small dishes on roof tops in Islamabad but again I would say people who like indian content will think of it as a replacement but I think that it can never be a replacement for us here.

Moreover on the topic that indians have a huge share of revenues from Pakistan in film and music industry as we all know. We contributed alot in making their industry so popular. So what I believe they definitely looking to increase it and influence us to watch their content (a huge example of star plus).

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Please see this before giving your comments

http://www.opensky.net.pk/index1.htm

The “TaTaSky” company is it self offering the service for Paksitan

[/quote]

can anyone confirm if this link is working or not?

http://www.opensky.net.pk

That is Dish TV not Tata Sky. Dish TV did has a authorized dealer in Lahore. They were providing different bouquet for Pakistan with less channels thus wasn’t popular. Don’t know about it now. I have no interest even if its legal and available like naz pan masala in parchoon shops. lol

BTW did you confirm it from PEMRA before making this comment?

^

link not opening. how will service work if link is not working :P

discovery national geo or etc. aren't FTA channles visit for more info http://www.lyngsat.com/

http://www.opensky.net.pk/index1.htm is working

Dear all!

I am Javed Ahmad Shah. I live at a University hostel in islamabad.

where we are given.. no phone lines and no cable tv

i want to watch

0. Some religious channel

1. Geo News

2. ARY News

3. Express News

4. Duniya News

5. AAJ News

want to watch the following as well but can compromise if can not..

6. BBC/CNN

7. Discovery/NAT GEO

8. AXN

Now!

the situation is

we are not allowed to get our independant phone connections

we have only 50kbps internet line

we can not at all have a CABLE tv connection

BUT

we can YES have DISH or SUN TV or things like that.

Please serious persons advise me! i have 10,000 rupees to spend on it.

what should be my best and optimum solution.

Many thanks!

I get ARY QTV, Geo News, ARY News, Express News, Dunya News on AAJ News through Free-To-Air Dish which only has an initial cost. BBC, CNN, Discovery, National Geographic and AXN are all on DishTV, which has a monthly cost as well.

Dear Usman!

what is the innitial cost?

please tell in details..

i live in NILORE. South Eastern border or Islamabd.

my estimate is

Dish = 2000?

reciever= 1500?

LNBs=1000?

wire etc 500?

total 5000

am i right?

^It's been about 3-4 years since I had it set up, and as you know, the price of stuff has really changed, so I can't really say. Inflation is making stuff expensive but tech stuff is generally getting cheaper, so I have no idea right now.

I know you can get DishTV from shophive.com for Rs.10,000, but I don't know what they charge for the renewal service.

Naachiz first of all welcome to Wired Pakistan forum :)

You can watch almost all the Pakistani channels for free (except Geo TV, Geo Super and AAG, they are pay channels and Geo provide decoders only to cable operators). But thing is all those channels aren't available on one dish. You need atleast 3 dishs to watch them. So cost would be much more than what you have. A 6 feet dish would cost you 2500, receiver 2500-3000, LNB 500 (if you are effected by a WiMax signal then you would need a special LNB which will cost you 2000), wire almost 500, and multiply them to 3 (except receiver and wire) it'll be out of question. And one more thing 6 feet dish isn't good enough for some channels specially ARY package and some channels on Paksat. you will require a 8 feet dish which will cost you more than 4000.

Dish TV as Osman suggested is totally an Indian product which contains all the Indian channels you can imagine. Never expect any Pakistani channel on it nor any Islamic channel. So it might not be a good choice.

So your best bet is Sun TV. It has everything you want. Will cost you less than what you have, but its a peace of mind. Monthly cost would be 360.

I hope it helps. :)

Yeah I totally agree with shuak. Suntv in this situation you are is the best option.good luck! Any help you need regarding suntv, always free to ask.

Exactly go for SUNTV ,you will get your desired channels.Don't think of getting NATGEO,CNN on FTA receivers.I know you don't really wanna play with the keys to get the channels & its quite for a newbie like you.You can't get GEO NEWS as its only for Cable tv providers.So the bottom line is go and get a suntv decoder for yourself and enjoy uninterrupted 24x7.Dishtv is available in market and its not that expensive,its price is round about 4,500 to 4,600Rs.You can recharge it easily ,its your choice if you wanna use your CC or consult the dealer..anyhow decide it yourself.

Please post the link of TV channels of Sun TV. Although I found a website but it was showing crappy channels. May be that page was not the one you are talking about.

This is the current channels list in Islamabad:

12170024440.jpg

12170024441.jpg

34110794.jpg

12170024443.jpg

OR you are asking for something else?

yup it's the only channel list in islamabad, no here and no there.

hey shuak how you post pics? I am trying to post pics of worldcall digital channels but can't help myself.