VPN Banned In Pakistan

Guys I do search engine optimization --- have to sometimes create multiple accounts on some websites for seo purpose. For that, I need to use proxies otherwise I cannot create multiple accounts and internationally this is a normal norm to create multiple accounts on web 2.0 properties for backlinks. I was planning to buy VPN but then I heard this, in your opinion guys should I go for VPN now or not ? Actually I fear if PTA guys or ISP knock my door for any purpose...

In SEO if we dont use proxies or VPN then seo becomes to slow.

Let me know your opinion guys :)

Contact PTA with source/destination IPs to see if they make an exception.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Contact PTA with source/destination IPs to see if they make an exception.
[/quote]

You are right Asad.

[quote=", post:21, topic:15500"]

Guys I do search engine optimization — have to sometimes create multiple accounts on some websites for seo purpose. For that, I need to use proxies otherwise I cannot create multiple accounts and internationally this is a normal norm to create multiple accounts on web 2.0 properties for backlinks. I was planning to buy VPN but then I heard this, in your opinion guys should I go for VPN now or not ? Actually I fear if PTA guys or ISP knock my door for any purpose…

In SEO if we dont use proxies or VPN then seo becomes to slow.

Let me know your opinion guys :)

[/quote]

will the govt / ISP actually take action or prosecute on this ?

I was talking with my friend in Germany and he told me that torrents are banned there and anyone found violating this ban would be inflicted with 1000 euro. Though it's rare that someone is caught but when it happens, there is certainly a hefty fine.

So I think PTA will do the same. Anyone violating this act would be bound to pay some heavy fine..It's my personal opinion, no idea what actually will happen! PTA can guide you better in this regard. Well, I skimped through that letter from Government Of Pakistan to ISP providers and there was no clear cut mentioning of punishment for those found guilty in this case. Is there any sort of sentence mentioned in that or I missed that part...

[quote=“dogarsahab, post:25, topic:15500”]

I was talking with my friend in Germany and he told me that torrents are banned there and anyone found violating this ban would be inflicted with 1000 euro. Though it’s rare that someone is caught but when it happens, there is certainly a hefty fine.

So I think PTA will do the same. Anyone violating this act would be bound to pay some heavy fine…It’s my personal opinion, no idea what actually will happen! PTA can guide you better in this regard. Well, I skimped through that letter from Government Of Pakistan to ISP providers and there was no clear cut mentioning of punishment for those found guilty in this case. Is there any sort of sentence mentioned in that or I missed that part…

[/quote]

its not like we upload our “gandasa” movies for whole world to see and ppl are not buying our DVDs or Blu-ray of those ‘gandasa’ movies and our movie industry is getting hit by it financially.

For Germany or any other developed country it makes sense but for us, it doesn’t.

^yes--My post was actually in relevance to punishment that can be given for breach of these so-called security measures.

I think, copying / publishing / rewriting of copyrighted material is also prohibited in Pakistan but we can see shops full of these materials :D and no one knocks their door. But in USA if someone breaches any copyright law and govt came to know about it, the person get the cops busting his door with DCMA notice and fine of around a Grand $

As I already mentioned, it makes sense for the developed countries.

Well, if you can give an example of any Pakistani copyrighted material being uploaded and downloaded via !@#$ IPs?

The answer would definitely be none. Why? cause !@#$ entertainment material ISN"T even worth downloading for free <_< .

So why any restrictions? If it should be anything, then govt should at least be thankful to internet users like me who pay ridiculously high amounts for pathetic internet services in this f-ucking country which, in turn, is being used for paying for the salaries of those buffoons at PTA and PTCL and Govt itself.

I dont think they can even monitor even 2% of complete traffic...

And security? What kind of security are they referring to?..

I don't know what sort of bits and bytes the want to secure but when it comes to real/physical securities, the Americans didn't even had to jam our radars when they "found" and "killed" bin laden..... cause our state of art radars were turned off for maintenance. <_<

I am also located in Pakistan and I use To hide my IP address online and protect my connection I use the free app called HotspotShield, it provides me a US IP address and the best part is the speed is really good

:lol: ارے کیوں جگا دیا

so, is VPN is not working these days ? I guess Open VPN option is still open.