Uploading Speed Issue... Pls Help

Assalam Alikum,

As I am using wateen 512k package and I can ask this in wateen thread but i need to get replies on other thread. so I m getting slow upload speed...but i have figure it out that when i install ubuntu 2 days back i give a try on uploading speed and on ubuntu linux i was getting 35 to 40 kb/s upload speed that time on ubuntu..so i again log back to win xp and when i check on xp i was getting max 15 kb/s so i wanna know that why i m getting good speed on linux and why i m having this problem in xp...right now i have install windows xp sp1 edition. previously i was using win xp sp2...but i disable the Antivirus, Windows auto update and firewall..but same thing...So Can any1 help me?

linux just has a better network management system so that is the reason u r gettin better upload speed out of ur connection

but yaar ruhaan as u know other wateen users said that u guys are getting fine upload speed so why i m facing this problem...and i get good speed on torrents i get normally 35 to 40 kb/s upload speed on torrents.

maybe there is some problem in the AP ur usin and it requires some load to give better upload speed and torrents suck bandwidth

and maybe thats the same reason u r gettin better upload speed on linux

Check these screenshot as i just take them on linux live cd and on win xp...

1st Win XP

th_34015_speed_on_xp_122_570lo.JPG

Ubuntu Linux

th_34018_Screenshot_122_62lo.JPG

Can any one help me why i m getting this strange problem...pls alos wateen users who are using windows tell me whats ur upload speed while uploading a file on web...

It could be spies in Windows. However, if you are comparing clean install Windows XP SP2 with clean install Ubuntu and still Ubuntu have higher upload then XP then I think it could be due to better usage of QoS protocol.

What else can make such high contrast? I have no idea.

Fe-Aman Allah.

Some background process must be sucking up the bandwidth. Try disabling network load balancing and QOS in your connection settings.

make sure you use sp2 or even better sp3

Well right now i m using sp1..and dont have any thing that will suck bandwith...but may be i try

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Some background process must be sucking up the bandwidth. Try disabling network load balancing and QOS in your connection settings.
[/quote]

How to do that ? i mean the network load thing QOS ?

^ Connection properties where you can file and printer sharing options, TCP/IP properties, etc.

Asad Bhai...I Open Local Area Connection Properties And Uninstall QOS Service Shedular...But Still Same Problem

Dude you probably have some sort of trojan in your windows.Just format and install brand new copy of XP.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dude you probably have some sort of trojan in your windows.Just format and install brand new copy of XP.
[/quote]

Yesterday I formatted my whole hard disk and recreate partitions on HDD…So It was a clean install.

why don't you install sp2 or sp3??

Where can i get Sp3 so i can download it and check it...

Softpedia has got a link on their main page, otherwise you can use torrents as well

Downloaded The Sp3 but one problem...i have win xp install win with non genuine key...so will it will if i install sp3 on this sp1 non genuine key or i have to change the key 1st to get the working key ?

It doesn't require a product key if you're upgrading as far as I know. But you have SP1; will it update to SP3 from SP1 or would you need SP2 installed?

Well just installed service pack 3 over service pack 1. But the problem is still the same nothing happends after installing windows xp service pack 3..still getting the same old upload speed of 15 kb/s..