Ufone Started EDGE Service

Hi friends.

A good news.

Ufone now started edge service in airport,nursery,tarik road,Agha khan hospital,Gulshan-e-Hadeed./phase 2 only.

Slowley more areas will b add.

=)

How many people on this forum actually use EDGE/GPRS? Just curious. I just don't find it very useful. And especially if you have internet at home, I don't see why you'd need it.

and its really expensive

ufone is providing edge in many cities.

wel i am postpaid indigo gprs user.

I have been using Ufone EDGE for months now. And I use it for light browsing and checking emails when I am not at home.

Edge is no use untill and unless its unlimited package and if you are heavy downloader than no use of it even free.

Yeah i am noticing the E symbol coming instead of the G symbol when i connect to the internet using Ufone? I was using mufta gprs a few days back.. then suddenly it stopped working.. and internet wasnt working.. Then 3 days later when i tried i was getting the E symbol when connected to the internet instead of the G symbol i used to get and money was getting deducted from my balance.. :P

I have been using it for months here in quetta. Even though i see an E instead of a G i have not noticed a significant increase in its speed. Although MMS's are sent and recieved much faster now.

I use GPRS!

Nice TO know people are coming in Competiiton!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I use GPRS!

Nice TO know people are coming in Competiiton!

[/quote]

Not just coming but head to head they are competing

True, Figures of Telenor & Ufone are very much Near in terms of Customer Data Base

Slightly off topic, but Warid started EDGE in some areas of Rawalpindi... atleast in the area my university is in (Lalkurti).

I saw it on a friend's phone (it said E on his SE K790i)

yeah i too have warid's EDGE service in Aabapara and speed is quite nice 15 KB/sec in downloading and about 10-12 KB/sec when sending,

i got these speed while sending mms.

but how much speed when you connect cell phone to PC?

but how much speed when you connect cell phone to PC?
[/quote]

depends if u have GPRS in ur area then the speeds will be identical to dial up

but if u have EDGE u may get like 12-20 KBps

depends if u have GPRS in ur area then the speeds will be identical to dial up

but if u have EDGE u may get like 12-20 KBps

[/quote]

I used mobilin gprs/edge and speed was almost idetntical to dialup in both gprs and edge.

I just want to know practical experince of using edge on PC by any one

I used mobilin gprs/edge and speed was almost idetntical to dialup in both gprs and edge.

I just want to know practical experince of using edge on PC by any one

[/quote]

i have used telenor EDGE on my PC the average speed was about 12 KBps

Ok nice, how about ufone EDGE speed? I mean you ruhaan or some one else have practical experince.

Ok nice, how about ufone EDGE speed? I mean you ruhaan or some one else have practical experince.
[/quote]

nope dont know about it

why they starts from major cities why not from small cities