By the way I used it on Nokia N8 (Symbian^3). And it didn't appeal me either.
Opera Mobile and Opera Mini 6 are way ahead of it.
It renders web pages badly as well.
I believe you didn't have used pinch to zoom on your Symbian phone because it wasn't there in earlier Symbian series. Both Native and Opera browser have pinch-to-zoom features.
But even forgetting Pinch-to-Zoom feature, I felt a lot difference in it.
I didn't use any S60v5 device ever. But in Symbian^3 it's no where near even the Native Browser. There is a big difference in rendering when viewing pages in desktop mode.
Seriously I would prefer to use the Native Symbian^3 Browser which is lesser than Opera's ones.
Following is the technical experience today I had with UC Browser
It was the first time when I just downloaded and installed UC Browser. And whatever you say it an unfortunate or any thing else that I tried it with the facebook first time. I was actually testing some thing with facebook touch interface today on different platforms and devices so I installed UC browser as well because I read about it here on WP. Anyways upon login via UC Browser, facebook prompted me that my account has been locked for a suspicious access from another location and advised to visit the facebook on a computer to fix it.
I didn't think that it was due to the UC Browser. In fact I got upset that how the hell has that happened. So forgetting everything what I was doing, I headed over to my laptop and logged in to facebook. There was a good instruction wizard with all the information about the suspicious access and its location. Wondering thing was to know about a location in US and a Firefox/WinXP used to login to my account.
So continuing on laptop, I did something else and leaving the facebook account logged in on laptop, I turned back to my device and tried to start the same testing what I was doing before. So I started right from UC Browser again without knowing that it was actually the reason my account locked for. I again tried to login via UC Browser with my new password which I just had changed on laptop, I again was prompted with the same account-locked message which alerted me that it's the UC Browser creating that trouble.
I followed the same steps again on laptop and just to make even better sure I tried first on Opera Mini which let me in and then on UC Browser for which once again facebook locked my account. I believe then it was the UC Browser
There is surely some thing with UC Browser's proxies which facebook didn't like.
Any ways the version was 7.6 downloaded from OVI Store.
The 7.7 later version downloaded from ucweb.com worked fine with facebook login issue. Just thought to tell about this issue..