UBL Prepaid Visa Card

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Reason for GoDaddy would very certainly be due to removal of CVV processing now. Infact, if you ask the helpline for the exact error appearing in the log - they will tell you it’s related to CVV.

[/quote]

The helpline is totally unreliable. They always blame the customer. They say we don’t enter the cvv correctly! They don’t know anything. They are like parrots and only read from a script. Would you believe me if I told you that a helpline fellow tried to convince me that CVV was a requirement of international LAW? WTF! Such complete bull #$%#!

I once made a transaction that I got charged for but the merchant did not receive the amount. I filed a dispute with UBL And they said it would take as much as 4 months to resolve the matter! In the end it took them 1 month to finally credit me back for the lost amount. But by then I had totally spoiled my relationship with the merchant! I had previously paid this very same merchant with the same UBL card on 3 occasions. So in short its a very unreliable payment method and can actually hurt your reputation if you depend on it.

Removal of CVV processing? How is it possible for them to charge a card without processing full card information? and something I learned with UBL Wallet, your BILLING address has to be 100% exact as it appears on your account page. I had issue with a merchant, I was giving everything correctly but it wasn't being processed, so I decided to give exact Billing Address i.e. if I was entering House.No.ABC and Street.No.A before, I entered H No ABC, St # A as shown in my account and it worked.

This happened two-three times since I happen to forget, lol, with the same merchant, just had to give exact address each time to make it work.

^ Its possible as some merchants do process transactions without CVV (I think merchant as well as banks can decide which things must be present for transaction). It's mentioned somewhere in Google Checkout Help as well.

At least for me, the only transactions which failed were those which do not ask CVV - and - only Google Checkout has ripped me so far (for $1 :P) - because they only use CVV once for verification, and never use it for purchase items.

@rokra: I know I can enter my CVV very correctly (I can see, read, type, and click) - so - whenever they utter CVV, I can safely assume it's the limitation associated with the prepaid debit cards of UBL.

Maybe it's a technique to rip off customers and force them into buying their actual Credit Cards (which do not have limitations, and, do not require activation as well but getting them is a pain!).

Removal of CVV processing? How is it possible for them to charge a card without processing full card information? and something I learned with UBL Wallet, your BILLING address has to be 100% exact as it appears on your account page. I had issue with a merchant, I was giving everything correctly but it wasn’t being processed, so I decided to give exact Billing Address i.e. if I was entering House.No.ABC and Street.No.A before, I entered H No ABC, St # A as shown in my account and it worked.

This happened two-three times since I happen to forget, lol, with the same merchant, just had to give exact address each time to make it work.

[/quote]

Your talking about exact information. I’ll tell you that I can call myself hitler and they’ll process my UBL visa payment! It doesn’t matter what name you enter the card is charged regardless. At least that is my experience.

CVV was only introduced by the credit card companies many years after the cards became widely used in rich countries. So it was never part of the “original design”. That is why you always have a help link next to the CVV card field on any web form because most people have never heard of it.

Many websites such as Google have blocked usage of Pre-Paid Visa Debit Cards on their websites to prevent abuse. The reason is for example, anyone can buy 10s of such cards and make several accounts on Google Adwords for availing free vouchers etc. They normally give away free $100 vouchers to new accounts.

shame on UBL visa debit card.once again i tried it on a US based website for ordering some plants. i activated my session for 24 hours thrice, but in 3 days merchant was unable to do transaction. at last he refused to complete order and never replied for my email.

very bad image of Pakistan and thier banks...

SHAME ON UBL...please discontinue these card if u cant handle online transactions.

Strange story....

I always used UBL WIZ card for my internet purchases, like hosting charges and domain registrations.

It always works for me..........

Thank you.

shame on UBL visa debit card.once again i tried it on a US based website for ordering some plants. i activated my session for 24 hours thrice, but in 3 days merchant was unable to do transaction. at last he refused to complete order and never replied for my email.

very bad image of Pakistan and thier banks...

SHAME ON UBL...please discontinue these card if u cant handle online transactions.

[/quote]

Strange story…

I always used UBL WIZ card for my internet purchases, like hosting charges and domain registrations.

It always works for me…

Thank you.

[/quote]

@Ammar…have u tried it on Godaddy…does it work there? coz i want to purchaes ubl wizz teen to use it on Godaddy.

Doesn't work on godaddy. But it does work on most other major registrars like namecheap, moniker, name.com etc.

i am new ,i wanted to open ubl debit wiz card but now after reading above comments i am confused , so i have to pay online to host companies and receive payment also , i am planning to open a bank account , so what visa card of which bank in lahore is best ,cheap and good ,thanks

i am new ,i wanted to open ubl debit wiz card but now after reading above comments i am confused , so i have to pay online to host companies and receive payment also , i am planning to open a bank account , so what visa card of which bank in lahore is best ,cheap and good ,thanks
[/quote]

If you are student than UBL BBA account is only option. other banks won’t accept you.

I have UBL BBA account with Wallet(ATM) Card

wow thats great, i think i should get BBA account

i agree...their employees are incompetent. they even dont know about their bank policies and promos. they dont know how to solve the problem and how to guide. and customer supports is worst

UBL TEEN INTERNET card (prepaid visa card)

Doesn't work with:

Google Checkout

Play-Asia.com

UBL TEEN INTERNET card (prepaid visa card)

Doesn’t work with:

Google Checkout

Play-Asia.com

[/quote]

Ya Ubl Wiz Cards does not Work on Google Checkout & Godaddy,

Has Anyone used Standard Chartered visa Debit card on Google Checkout?

Does it work, Because i really Need to make some Payments via Google Checkout and I’m unable to pay it via Ubl Wiz card?

It has been 4 days now since I have received my card but still no message received of activation. Waiting.......