Strange problem... no other site opening except Google

Ahan so they gave you the modem with correct settings xD... I got 5 modems here all with incorrect VPI/VCI settings...Well they are correct in a way cause copper vpi/vci is 0/103 but the dslam in exchange is on 8/81 (the one which works) which is of ONU ...lol

they didn't set it for me... i went there and brought modem home and made it to work myself... yup 8/81 working with me as well

Ahan. They told me there is a problem in exchange that's why you have to connect on bridge mode (you gotta love Attock BB department) then I figured out what the problem was by poking around in the modem page.

Anyways try a speedtest again cause this is what i am getting.

1019437538.png

here you go

1019442965.png

i really don't know how to get it connected on bridge mode... hehe

Hmm are you getting full 4 meg speed on torrents? (putting aside this speedtest for a while)

i dont play around with torrents .... following is my speed on hotfile premium account.

speedco.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Umm why is your 4meg connection working at 1meg speed? :o :o

i had 4mb but hardy got over 100kb on hotfile too. its 400kb on torrents btw. i m back to 1mb with no worries :)

yea me too surprised.. this is happening after today's downtime of BB... hopefully it will get ok in night.

this problem can be resolved by using google or OpenDns server

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

this problem can be resolved by using google or OpenDns server
[/quote]

Umm not really. The problem wasn’t of DNS. It was KHI-PIE not sending out requests.

i was using opendns and upon uzairsattar's input i changed it to google dns and see it now.

1019487292.png

it has improved more... see this

1019489328.png

27533158.png

^

No wonder your pings were very high & I replied to uzair with regards to the thread topic :)

Strikerx Ping is high because of Server.. thesedays the pingtest karachi server is down so thats why we always connect to kuwait or any nearer server.. otherwise his Jitters are pretty normal..

but the main problem of not using PTCL dns is that.. we wont able to open PTCL BUZZ PORTAL.. but tustme.. BUZZ PORTAL is just a #$%#.. :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Strikerx Ping is high because of Server… thesedays the pingtest karachi server is down so thats why we always connect to kuwait or any nearer server… otherwise his Jitters are pretty normal…
[/quote]

PTCL isloo server is fine most of the times & no one gives a SH!T about buzz portal lol & at the time saadmalik did the speedtest the server was fine cause i was getting 50± ping.

p.s I was talking about saadmalik’s previous speedtest results. Pings on Islamabad server were hitting 500ms±

27591422.png :P :stuck_out_tongue: