Solo, I.media , KSC moves digital to Free to Air

Multichoice , help Jhony , bcoz on my another simple digtal box all channels are on with out any subscription .....

If all channels are on FTA then why we pay charges for subscription .?????

f4fahi : are u in karachi ?

[quote=“f4fahi, post:21, topic:18802”]

Multichoice , help Jhony , bcoz on my another simple digtal box all channels are on with out any subscription …

If all channels are on FTA then why we pay charges for subscription .?????

[/quote]

It's quite simple: the zabardasti wala box uses CA (conditional access) which is an encryption system to provide access based on subscription/expiry basis. It doesn't matter if at the backend your cable op loads FTA channels or OSN and other pay-per-view channels. If the box is encrypted, you will lose access when your subscription runs out.

The cable op who has control of the CA/encryption system can renew the card in your box through digital signals that they send from their side. The subscription period is encrypted onto the card in your box (which is why you only see subscription info under conditional access when your card is in the box) and the box is usefless if you remove the card.

The reason you can watch IMEDIA digital channels on a normal box without subscription is that they haven't impelmented a CA system yet. When they do, we'll have to buy the STB that they sell us so that they can renew cards from their end just like Solo did.

So the question is what will happen to the zabardast box????

He's in Moscow, Russia.

My friend, the answer is obvious: more zabardasti. Now we'll have to spend money on a new box from IMEDIA/KCS.

A friend of mine who's still lucky enough to get the digital signal from SDN has informed me that SDN has added lots of new channels over the last week. Great timing!

[quote=“johnny98, post:26, topic:18802”]

My friend, the answer is obvious: more zabardasti. Now we’ll have to spend money on a new box from IMEDIA/KCS.

A friend of mine who's still lucky enough to get the digital signal from SDN has informed me that SDN has added lots of new channels over the last week. Great timing!

[/quote]

That is absolute bull :@

Is there anyway we can fix this??

[quote=“ali_n80, post:27, topic:18802”]

That is absolute bull :@

Is there anyway we can fix this??

[/quote]

Dear @ali No. 0800, yes there is. Call bil@w@l h0us3 to register your complaint. LOL!

yes you are right the Imedia has hijacked the boxes ,i talked with one of sdn representative he said we are negotiating with I-MEDIA guys but any closure of the contention is very unlikely, there are no more POLISH channels in the bloody box now. the service is very poor at the same time. i often get no signal runing on my box. THE SDN people are planing to come wireless, remember only district central of karachi is affected while other zones are viewing the normal SDN transmission.the situation is very tense. :(

Can anyone enlighten me regarding the situation??? I have Gia cables running in my area. Can I have digital cable???? If yes does anyone know their frequencies?????

Hi guys imedia is giving digital service in our area, but they did not put any card on it so it means its FTA channels, i can search channels my self all i need is parameters/frequency so any one can share, it was working fine and channels are set to 8001 to 8110 i think, but while playing with box i reset it :) now i do not want to go to cable guy they waste 2 3 days to setup it.

so any help ?

[quote=“karachiguy, post:31, topic:18802”]

Hi guys imedia is giving digital service in our area, but they did not put any card on it so it means its FTA channels, i can search channels my self all i need is parameters/frequency so any one can share, it was working fine and channels are set to 8001 to 8110 i think, but while playing with box i reset it :) now i do not want to go to cable guy they waste 2 3 days to setup it.

so any help ?

[/quote]

Try frequencies from 431 to 559 ... on parameters symbo rate 6875 QAM 128

139 channle are there

Sorry it did not work for me i have skymedia stb

Does any body knows the frequency of SFCN seven friends cable network?

if any one using DIGITAL service through GIA cable please GIVE ME the FREQUENCy because my CABLE WALA IS VERY HARAMI AND NOT telling ME, IM already HAVING digital BOX but HE wants ME to BUY from HIM

My cable Operator @PIB Colony Karachi has stop the Solo/I-media Digital Service from last 3 months due to non profitable FTA service :( :( :(

While we again Paid Rs 5000 for NEW Kachra MP4 Digital box ..