So no one wants to talk about Nokia's 41MP camra phone

Anything new with Symbian is like as stupid as anything could be. Symbian is dead. What's the point of technology when it's on a stupid OS.

Some years ago, Toyota did a researched and after spending millions, it created an engine made out of clay (instead of metal). It was the most efficient engine and it was an extraordinary achievement in technology because normal clay engine will simply crack due to heat. So after decades, do you see any commercial cars with clay engine? My point is that achieving a technology and it's practical needs are two different things. We can fit a huge rocket on our car (like Mythbusters did) but it won't help us in traffic jams of Pakistan. It will be technology achievement to fit a huge rocket on my car but for what?

If I want a good digital camera, I'll go and buy a professional DSLR camera that will give incredible results. And I don't want my camera to use as mobile and have stupid and dead Symbian OS.

Nokia is dieing, they are laying off their employees. They have already closed all manufacturing in Europe (now manufacture only in China). Nokia is now trying to put these marketing gimmicks to attract some attention. But their 15 minutes fame time for large camera phone is over and people will shift their focus to other phones that really help people, not sh!ty Symbian.

Smartphones are just crap for me. Instead of wasting my money on smartphone, I shall waste it on something better. I am happy to use Nokia 1616 as it takes lesser space in my pocket and I do not have to worry about if my cell phone gets lost. <_<

aint PureView nVidia patanted thingy?

^ Nope, that's PureVideo.

hmm,,

so nokia took the idea of this name from its chinese counterparts who name their fakes NOKlA (nokla)

[quote=“blogger, post:22, topic:16594”]

Smartphones are just crap for me. Instead of wasting my money on smartphone, I shall waste it on something better. I am happy to use Nokia 1616 as it takes lesser space in my pocket and I do not have to worry about if my cell phone gets lost. <_<

[/quote]

I suspect you haven’t yet used Skype on your cellphone? Not to mention checking email, Google maps with active GPS, watch youtube, stream internet radios from around the world, listen to MP3, watch movies, chat on IM, update social networking etc. :)

Just plain old 2G GSM audio calls and SMS, Good for you :)

[quote=“wampyr, post:26, topic:16594”]

I suspect you haven’t yet used Skype on your cellphone? Not to mention checking email, Google maps with active GPS, watch youtube, stream internet radios from around the world, listen to MP3, watch movies, chat on IM, update social networking etc. :)

Just plain old 2G GSM audio calls and SMS, Good for you :)

[/quote]

All these are under my foot. I can spare money so I do not need skype. To check email, I have laptop and desktops. Since, I have good memory I do not get lost on roads and therefore, I do not need GPS. I spend hours watching YouTube but a small screen of cell phone sucks. So, I hate watching anything on cellphone. What radio and MP3 for? I am not fond of music. For movies, I have home theatre. For chat, I do have SMS facility, no problem. Social networking is for kids or for those who like to boast off or for those who want to expand their business. A busy bee does not waste his time on social networking but I do waste mine on this forum because this forum is 100 times better than facebook or twitter. So, in a nutshell, smartphone is a gibberish for me.

@ blogger you are

خانہ بدوش

/me thinks, blogger is cheeta

Nah, blogger is right at the moment. Why buy something you don't need? For example, I'd never buy a tablet PC, because i simply don't need it.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:30, topic:16594”]

Nah, blogger is right at the moment. Why buy something you don’t need? For example, I’d never buy a tablet PC, because i simply don’t need it.

[/quote]

Well I didn’t one until I an IPAD2 kept me awake for the whole night… that wiithout the internet or something to watch.

I am pretty sure there are people out there who can't understand the need to have a cellphone or SMS? They would argue that why one need to have mobile phone or SMS? They lived their whole life without mobile phone and SMS and the best they got was a wired phone (Plain old telephone service a.k.a POTS). One POTS at their home and one at their office. They claim they lived happy life without the need of constantly stay in touch using mobile phone and SMS.

Similarly, there are people who argue that audio call is better than SMS. And they can't understand why people do SMS, when they can do audio call.

My point is, stay in 1980s (with POTS), or stay in 1990s (with SMS or pager), or stay in 2000s (with GPRS and Symbian), or be in current time of 2010s (with all the flavors of tech.). The decision is yours. :)

By the way, there are people out there who argue that audio tapes were better than CDs, or CDs were better than MP3. Do whatever you want to do. In the end, if it satisfies you then it's good. However, MP3 has definitely taken over CDs and especially over audio tapes.

@wampyr

Lolz. 100% correct. There were billion of human before invention of phone who lived their lives without it :) Allama Iqbal was very right

آئن نو سے ڈرنا، طرز کہن پر اڑنا

منزل یہی کٹھن ہے قوموں کی زندگی میں

firstly we said that don't use LOUD SPEAKERS- now who dares to remove loud speakers from mosques? We deny everything for our so called ego, I only objected on it's OS and that is something that everyone noticed but that doesn't mean that I never used symbian. I was symbian user since nokia 6600 till 2009. But now I've better options. Still if I don't need this and saying- I can live without this and bla bla will be wrong.

No one is forcing you or me to buy iPad or Nokia 808 but just negating everything without logics is............. no words :)

@nvd650

Indeed, I was a Symbian user myself. I used it for many years and I was pretty happy with it. But that doesn't mean I want to stick with it in 2012. Technology has advanced and Symbian is left behind, far far behind. It's too old and it didn't updated itself to new trends and that's why it's outdated and with lots and lots of problems in it. That's why I jumped to Android as soon as I could.

Its better to Buy a camera instead of too much costly mobile phone.