Separating mobile phone related discussions from Telecom

Seeing the rise in specific mobile phone and their OS related discussions, I think it is time that a separate forum be made for such discussions. That way, the Telecom forum can be dedicated for discussions which are of a more technical nature rather than OS comparisons, mobile suggestions ,etc.

What do you folks think about this?

Sure why not.

If there are any other forum restructuring suggestions, let 'em out.

On that note, perhaps the hardware and software forums can be thrown into a separate Computers category.

^ To further add, most of our forums are either too broad or too specific.

It would help a lot if we were using a more capable forum software/platform. ;)

If we're creating a 'Computers' category, might as well add a 'hardware suggestions' (or related) sub-forum.

Hardware suggestions? Isn't that the same as the current Computer Hardware forum? How would it be different from the current forum?

^ Its not. Just saying that if you're going to create a 'Computers' category, then might as well have more specific sub-forums under it. If you're just going to move the current Hardware and Software forums into a separate category, then it not really any improvement!

Hmm... True.

Let's see what ideas Talib and Khalid come up with.

I think it's a good idea - lets do it

Created a cellphones forum - do you have suggestions for name / description?

Create a seperate category for wireless?

'Smartphones' is too limiting. Better to push all mobile phone discussions in there by renaming it to 'Mobile phone reviews and discussions' or something similar.

How about:

Category: Telecommunications

Forum 1: Cellular Service Providers

Forum 2: Mobile Phones

Forum 3: Applications

Forum 1 would be the current Telecoms forum.

Forums 2 and 3 would be new.

That makes sense too...

Atif, Talib: What do you guys think?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

‘Smartphones’ is too limiting. Better to push all mobile phone discussions in there by renaming it to ‘Mobile phone reviews and discussions’ or something similar.

How about:

Category: Telecommunications

Forum 1: Cellular Service Providers

Forum 2: Mobile Phones

Forum 3: Applications

Forum 1 would be the current Telecoms forum.

Forums 2 and 3 would be new.

[/quote]

Should I go ahead with this?

^ Sounds good!

Done!