Here is passport renewal procedure as I went there (Awami Markaz branch) today. For new passport procedure is same only the documents required are different.
1. Photocopy the first two pages (when the booklet is opened so basically there are 4 pages if you count individually)) of your passport along with CNIC.
2. Take your old passport and CNIC with you.
3. Go there by 8:45 because at around 9:00 the bank will open. So once you go there, go directly to National Bank and fill out challan form.
4. For normal, use white color form, fees is Rs.3000 and for urgent, use green color form, fees is Rs.5000
5. Once you have filled out challan form, staple passport copy with CNIC and challan form and then go to passport office which is on ground floor of Awami Markaz.
6. There will be a long queue there (might be smaller depending on how early you go).
7. Once your turn arrives you will be taken inside where you will follow these steps:
a. Get your picture taken from photo booth and they will give you token number
b. Now in front of that booth there will be 3, 4 counters for Data Entry. They have screens in front of them displaying token numbers. When your turn comes go to respective data entry counter.
c. After data entry go to Biometrics counter (again look for number on screen)
d. After Biometrics go to "BL Counter". It doesn't have any screen so just go there as soon as you are finished with Biometrics.
e. Lastly go to Assistant Director counter (again look for your number on screen) where he will finally stamp "Cancelled" on your old passport and give receipt.
That's it. I reached there at around 8:50 and I was out of passport office at exactly 11:32.