Recommended PCB Manufactures in Pakistan

[quote=", post:20, topic:15904"]

Smart PCBs is an average quality manufacturer for single and double sided PCBs. Although they claim to manufacture multi layer boards, but I don’t think the quality required for a 400 pins BGA can be met by a PCB made by Smart PCBs.

[/quote]

They do have quality issues at times.

[quote=", post:20, topic:15904"]

If you want to get this job done, PM me. Such a BGA is no problem to handle.

[/quote]

Any alternative PCB fabricators of same or better quality?

Elite Screeners Karachi

TIP Haripur

For multi layer PCBs, I usually get it done from abroad.

@PsychedelicBreakfast:

[quote="PsychedelicBreakfast, post:54, topic:19682"]

Note: For some reason here PCB fabricators are unable to deal with the Gerbers output by Altium. This isn't Altium's issue but the fabs. The fabs here don't publish any spec on how they want their Gerbers. It ook me at least 10 days to configure the Gerbers so that Smart PCB could work with them. Now I don't bother with Smart PCB and just go straight to China. I've never had to modify my Gerbers for them.

[/quote]

I never understood this issue with Smart PCB. Give them a PCB designed in some old software like PCAD2006, etc and they can work with the gerbers. Design a PCB in Altium Designer and they have issues with the generated gerbers. I emailed them about this once but the guy there replied with one-liners and did not bother to tell about what exact requirement they have regarding gerber file generation. Either their machines/equipment does not have support for gerber files generated in Altium Designer or the staff there is incompetent, not well-versed in communication or just plain lazy.

How did you configure the gerbers to get them accepted by Smart PCB? Were there any issues with the produced PCBs?

Asad,

It's been such a long time that I don't really remember. I think it was an issue with trailing or leading zeroes in the gerbers. I could be mistaken. It's absolutely ridicilous, though. Gerbers, for all their flaws, are the standard and are pretty much the same from any major PCD CAD software. They should have a dedicated webpage on their site which provides you the Gerber specs and the design rules they require. For instance, if they cannot handle traces smaller than 8 mil they should say so on that page.

No PCB fab in Pakistan posts their requirements as far as I know which I just take as an indication that they don't really care for the business.

The PCBs from Smart PCB were okay, while they weren't any issues with them the ones that I have ordered from China (Gold Phoenix) were very good. The ones from USA were amazing (http://www.4pcb.com/). The USA fab as an automated tool on their website where if you upload your gerbers it tells if you have are violating any of their DRC - and to top it off, they give you $100 off if you use that tool! (at least that was the case when I used it)

Smart PCB guys use CAM350 (or some similar name) software to handle and process Gerber files. Probably they have old version of CAM350 which does not have much options while importing Gerbers.

I personally use GerbTool to process Gerbers and never had any issue with the Gerbers generated from Altium.

I have used GerbTool myself and it opens the Gerber files from AD10/AD13 perfectly fine. The Gerber file itself is just an ASCII file. If the standard being used is correct, it shouldn't really matter which software (AD, OrCAD, PCAD, Protel, etc) is used to create it.

SA,

I would like to introduce Taraz Technologies Pvt. Ltd. which is located in Rawalpindi. We offer PCB assembly, PCB manufacturing and SMT stencils (plastic and steel) manufacturing services. We also provide one stop electronics manufacturing solution at very competitive cost.

We give 10% discount for new customers, students and startups. Feel free to send your enquiries and check out our PCB assembly calculator and SMT Stencils calculator online, visit http://www.taraztechnologies.com/

Thanks and kind regards.

SA,

I would like to introduce Taraz Technologies Pvt. Ltd. which is located in Rawalpindi. We offer PCB assembly, PCB manufacturing and SMT stencils (plastic and steel) manufacturing services. We also provide one stop electronics manufacturing solution at very competitive cost.

We give 10% discount for new customers, students and startups. Feel free to send your enquiries and check out our PCB assembly calculator and SMT Stencils calculator online, visit http://www.taraztechnologies.com/

Thanks and kind regards.

A.O.A,

Brothers i also need help i designed a PCB in eagle and it is 2 layered pcb and the copper is running from top to bottom when ever i try online for pcb manufacturing they said they will charge me 23000 or more i only need 6 pcb and the pcb it almost 6x6 inches i dont know what costing me so much i just need simple pcb thats all.