Recommend a Reliable Virus Guard

i had installed Kaspersky and while it was performing its routine scanning the light went and when it came back my partation had gone corrupt =(, what about Avira is it any good?

I used to use avira, its quite light on system resources

the thing I used to like about it, is that it can be easily disabled from taskbar, comes handy specially when you are trying to run cracks e.t.c

but avira makes annoying beeps using system speaker when it detects something, and I couldn't find any option to disable that

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Windows 7 original version has a free MS virus solution which works very well.

My solution is to install Ubuntu. You can try installing OSX on your pc as well, works well if u have compatible hardware.

[/quote]

Never heard of that. My laptop came with original Windows 7 Home Premium and a one month trial of McAfee. Where did you get that? I’ve looked into installing Mac Leopard but after researching it just looks like way too much hassle to get everything on your machine compatible and working properly. Other than that i’m a big fan of Macs.

MY advice is to Use Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.7i as no need to Crack it or Avast! Antivirus Pro 5.0.677 Final both are one of the Best in working and lite in Process and Memory.

PM me for any details.

Google4u

If you have genuine windows, then just go for Microsoft Security Essentials, a free product by microsoft for licensed windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Make sure to download 32/64 bit according to o/s you use.

Works great not only for my own self but for all the laptop clients I sell. I got very positive feed back on the product. So, save money and time. Good Luck.

p.s. i am sure non licensed users will know how to make it work for them. ;)

I have used nod 32 avg nortan

but the best out there

Kaspersky

2010 sux

go for 7

but its not free

u have to buy it

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Never heard of that. My laptop came with original Windows 7 Home Premium and a one month trial of McAfee. Where did you get that? I’ve looked into installing Mac Leopard but after researching it just looks like way too much hassle to get everything on your machine compatible and working properly. Other than that i’m a big fan of Macs.

[/quote]

As iconsourcing mentioned, the free MS virus solution is Microsoft Security Essentials. It does not come pre-installed with genuine windows 7, you have to download it and then install it.

go for avast

if i install ubuntu how will i transfer my files from ntfs to the ubuntu partation? like will ubuntu be able to browse ntfs?