PTCL DSL volume cap

[quote=“sirfnomi, post:20, topic:15174”]

still there is no any official announcement

confirmed by 1236

[/quote]

they said package 4mb, 6mb, 8mb are going to be capped when i called on 1236 in morning

F U PTCL ...

PTCL, after eating-up the competition (in Karachi, Maxcom),

like any other predatory monopoly is now going for the kill.

It has simply raised the rates of their 4MB unlimited package,

from Rs. 2,000/- to Rs. 3,000/-. That's it. All this talk of "cap" is

misdirection. Nobody in their right mind gets high-speed broad-

band to... check their emails.

The real discussion ought to be, "what now ?". What are we

going to do ?. And do we have even have any options left ?.

Btw, does anybody know if d/l anything from PTCL Buzz will

count against our d/l bandwidth quota now ?.

Sheikh 'PTCL=1, Awaam=0' Chilli

[quote=“kashifyy, post:21, topic:15174”]

they said package 4mb, 6mb, 8mb are going to be capped when i called on 1236 in morning

[/quote]

but when i call to 1236 in evening they saying that there is no any official news :-S :-S

Don't know who is marketing advisor of PTCL but whoever he is; he is not friend "Hoey tum dost jis ke". Now International calling rates are revised i.e. from Rs.2/min to Rs.1.5/30 sec. (an increase of 25%). :(

there seems to be a reshuffling of marketing advisers...they are going to rip a big some of customers by this news...but still its not official..i'm counting on firecruz for the authenticity...BAD MOVE PTCL. :angry:

Although 50GB might be on the decent end but still those who are spreading the internet in their neighborhood and earning gud, will suffer the most..! :P

Also confirmed from 1236 the cap will be effective from tomorrow and those who want to avail the unlimited packages will have to pay Rs 1,000 extra. In case of exceeding the 50 GB cap you will be charged Rs 1,000 in your telephone bill. Since I am taking distance learning for my final ACCA papers I will have no other option but to pay Rs 3,000 for an unlimited connection. Since I will be abroad for a month and will be back by the end of August I will get it changed to unlimited from September onwards. On a personal note it is highly unethical on part of PTCL to implement this move. They should have informed customers in advance in the last week of July that caps are going to be introduced from August onwards. Since PTCL has a monopoly over the internet market there is nobody to regulate or ask them for that matter. Absolutely pathetic move on their part. They will lose customers right and center and if other ISP's follow suite we are doomed!

there should have been some notifications etc..and they should have made a portal to monitor bandwidth control...its damn nasty!

Do they even care Mazahyr? I agree 100% with you that the customers should have been informed of the respective changes in advance and bandwith monitoring tools should be made available to them for seeing their respective usage . But this is Pakistan and there are no ethics AT all in any respective company. Everybody out there is out to fleece the poor consumer. That is the bane of the policy of companies here in Pakistan. Good customer service is only a distant dream and I wonder if it EVER will be fulfilled. To hell with PTCL and their blatant policies. I guess the best option is to read the TERM OF SERVICES when we apply for a DSL connection!

I found out that they are working out on this portal. check it out http://portal.ptcl.net/

So that means whoever wants to lift the volume cap just have to pay more....so there is an option there after all, it's better than not having unlimited at all, just pay more and get unlimited.

yeah don't expect good things to be cheap.

[quote=“suleman205, post:19, topic:15174”]

^

http://propakistani.pk/2011/07/31/ptcl-broadband-tariff-revised-monthly-data-limit-applied/

they have also increased the monthly charges of student packages. :(

[/quote]

I’m glad i didn’t chose 4mb package, 2mb is enough for me and my needs.

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:30, topic:15174”]

I found out that they are working out on this portal. check it out http://portal.ptcl.net/

[/quote]

Read this http://www.itnama.com/2011/07/ptcl-broadband-portal-fail/

PTCL Capped The 4MBPS To 8MBPS users From Unlimited To 50 GB ... Thats Bad Move By PTCL... I Am Now Thinking OF Moving To 2 MBPS Or May Be If 50 Enough I Will Stick To 4MBPS Or May Be EVO :)

And How Can We Keep An Eye On Our Usage ? Is There Any Way We Can Check It ?

How one will be able to check their usage?

[quote=“Bilal1, post:34, topic:15174”]

its confirmed that have not Capped The 4MBPS To 8MBPS users From Unlimited To 50 GB … Thats Bad Move By PTCL… I Am Now Thinking OF Moving To 2 MBPS Or May Be If 50 Enough I Will Stick To 4MBPS Or May Be EVO :)

And How Can We Keep An Eye On Our Usage ? Is There Any Way We Can Check It ?

[/quote]

Not capped or capped?

I don’t know what the buffoons at PTCL are thinking and doing but if they really implementing that cap then I would definitely go for 2mbps.

I could / have done over 200GB a month with 1mbps and obviously, double that with 2mbps. Which makes me wonder what kind of scientists are sitting at PTCL.

50GB? seriously?

Can we go to court if they don't inform us officially ? I mean up till now there's no confirmation and I am guessing if they implement, they won't bother to formally inform their customers if that happens can we go to court?

* I never had the chance to read the DSL application form :(

This info is official i have asked from ptcl.....

The download cap is only applied to 4,6 and 8mb connection the 1mb connection is still at unlimited download (good for me :)

Now the price of 1mb ptcl dsl student package will be Rs929 and will be applied from 1st August

I know this from this forum , not from PTCL.

i downgraded to 2mb, just got confirmation from 1236 that my profile have been set to 2mb but surprisingly i am still getting 4mb sync rate and my download is also 4mBit/s

1411769596.png