PTCL Doubles Bandwidth Speed (2M-4M)and Launching 8mbps

Effective Date: 15th July, 2010

1Mbps at Rs 1199 previously @ 1199 (no change)

4Mbps at Rs 1999 previously @ 2mb

6Mbps at Rs 4999 previously @ 4mb

8Mbps at Rs 6999 (new package)

note: no 2M user on network from now on!

ROCK WITH PeeeeTeeeeCeeeeEEEEL (PTCL)!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This news is official and will be fully effective till 14th Aug! means from 15th July to 14th Aug all will be upgraded!

Note: Previously upgraded users on test purposes will remain on same speeds!

feels good to explode the good news!

and yes thanks to all our sincere lovers/fans/users who actually made it possible in growth of their very own PeeeTeeeCeeeEEEL!

Regards,

[red]FireCruZ

Any reason why 1 mbps package has not been upgraded

1 MB Packages not upgraded .... SAD..... :(

Still on 4mb here.

1MB should have been upgraded to 2mb. It's not fair with them.

@firecruz, what would be the upload speed on 6mb?

one of my friend in ptcl told me that ptcl will be installing new infrastructure as the underground copper lines are not that reliable for 6+ Mbps. Is that true ?

What the? They finished the 2mbps package? 1mbps should have been upgraded to 2mbps

Thats very sad that 1MB will be existing..... :(

So can i change my package plan and jump to 4MB in 1999?

i hav a question if i want to shift my 4mb to 8 mb . is it need onu or copper

Very sad news for 1MB users :( why this discrimination...........?

is it need onu for 8 mb or copper work fine ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Still on 4mb here.

1MB should have been upgraded to 2mb. It’s not fair with them.

[/quote]

That’s business. Luring 1mbps’ers to 4mbps. They would be less likely to upgrade, otherwise :D

That is really not fair for users who are on 1 MB connection. I would expect LDN to exploit this pricing gap between 1-4 MB and offer 2 MB connection at 1200 Rs.

2 reasons i see for not upgrading 1 mbps users.. first of all they offer student discount on 1 mbps packages and the number of 1 mbps users is probably very high! so it wasn't a good business decision to upgrade them.

I think LDN will upgrade 1mb users too... Can DJnomi confirm this?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

That is really not fair for users who are on 1 MB connection. I would expect LDN to exploit this pricing gap between 1-4 MB and offer 2 MB connection at 1200 Rs.
[/quote]

Or maybe that’s exactly what PTCL left for the small time ISPs to do business as well with… :expressionless:

Bad news for student package holders

Sad :(

1MB Package not upgraded? Well I am tempted to upgrade to 4MB (as they want us to), but still am unsure, as their service is nothing to brag about.