I got a new CharJi yesterday. Since then, something strange has been happening to my computer's Internet connectivity.
1. I ran "autorun.exe" in device, labelled "MiFi" driver. It did nothing, just showed a notification in the system tray with a lot of garbage characters...it left me feeling uneasy but virus scans seem to be clear.
2. The computer eventually detected my CharJi in the list of wireless networks. However, I cannot connect to it--there is a red cross.
3. I checked my settings, etc, and nothing seems to have been changed.
4. It is able to connect some other wireless networks too, but if I connect the CharJi to it via USB, it can't detect any wireless network (previously, it used to be able to do that even when I connected my previous CharJi via USB).
5. Connecting via USB is the only way to use this CharJi, which I think is ridiculous since this is supposed to be a mobile wifi hotspot.
6. That junk driver autorun.exe doesn't seem to have installed any program that I can see...
My mobile is able to connect to the CharJi through WiFi...I have a feeling the junk driver messed up something in my laptop.
What do I do? PTCL customer support says that since other devices can connect to this CharJi, it is working correctly and the problem is in my computer hence not their issue. Nothing else has changed in my computer besides the stupid program that their device asked me to run.