Pakistan can’t handle Fukushima

Has someone come up with a better solution?

Well he makes some good points....no reason to just dismiss them just because you don't like the guy which is what a few posters seem to be doing.

In any event unless Pakistan get some outside help from IAEA or some other country with more established nuclear infrastructures; I doubt we will have the resources anytime soon to pursue too many nuclear plants.

We should probably look to exploit the easier methods like coal and hydro first no?

The right-wing supports Jihaad, nuclear bomb (Islamic Bomb) and nuclear plants for power without even realizing what they cost us.

Coal and hydral are more benficial for our economy but most of us are blind followers of Dr. Khan type personalities who are most of the times misguidin the nation.

All the problems faced by Pakistan are due to these right-wing extremists. Bhutto made the nuclear bomb to tackle India and these right-wings monsters converted it into Islamic Bomb.

Pathetic!!!

I remember once Dr.Abdul Qadeer said in one of his interviews that he can fix Pakistan's energy crises in just a month if he is given the authority. I wonder what his strategy is.. I bet it would be nuclear as well because he is a scientist of Physics.

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

We have enough natural resources to produce electricity for next 500+ years.
[/quote]

Its not true we have nothing until these polytishians

--

[/quote]

then why we have load shedding?

We should probably look to exploit the easier methods like coal and hydro first no?
[/quote]

Hydro would be the best solution if only the politicians could agree on building a dam, Kala bagh dam could have solved most of the country’s power/irrigation problems, they talked about building it for 15 years than the idea was scrapped because they couldn’t agree on it.

[/quote]

According to whom? For a moment lets assume it were true, too bad we would be in an ice age by then.

Has someone come up with a better solution?
[/quote]

we have energy sources for 500+ years so i guess there is no need for solution, its already solved for 500+ years.

Just gave the original post a full read and the replies that follow.

I must be the only one who thinks nuclear is the only way to go forward.

then why we have load shedding?

[/quote]

political instability could be the main reason

Just gave the original post a full read and the replies that follow.

I must be the only one who thinks nuclear is the only way to go forward.

[/quote]

i totally agree nuclear is the way for the future, if these technologically advance countries like USA and Japan come with some 100% fool proof way to contain the radio activity in the event of natural disaster or terrorist attack at the plant. nuclear is technically very cost effective way to produce electricity.

political instability could be the main reason

[/quote]

Pakistan is failed state due to the reason people of this very country have chosen to do so which reflects th attitude of majority of population. when people don’t want to better themselves then there is nothing can be done, there is minority of Pk population who are smart enough to know that nothing is gonna change so they left the country already or are in the process of leaving. like you are smart armada to be living in kuwait, sah is in canada and there are other members who are based outside Pakistan.

I remember once Dr.Abdul Qadeer said in one of his interviews that he can fix Pakistan’s energy crises in just a month if he is given the authority. I wonder what his strategy is… I bet it would be nuclear as well because he is a scientist of Physics.
[/quote]

And in an interview with “aik din Geo k sath” He said that he has taken an outh not to do anything for Pakistan, For the people who do not respect there HEROES. Do watch out the program as I was amazed to see such a great man in this tragedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQE_2-iU0RU

I think we have to keep in mind that nuclear energy technology has not have any investment in over 20 years. Why not go for better options ? Wind or Solar power ? It has proved that Solar power can be used and it can generate more eletricity then a nuclear energy !!!

On the other hand, Many LIONS of this world will never allow Pakistan to research or even produe nuclear energy !!! There is a possible reason that fanatics and terrorists will reach and use the technology. So in the end. You can not have free nuclear research programs in Pakistan. Not until USA and 9/11 stuff is all over the world.

Lets go Solar or Wind :P Thats green energey.

--

useless thread, fake patriots, they get green card today they'll be the first one out of this country. i am out of here

And in an interview with “aik din Geo k sath” He said that he has taken an outh not to do anything for Pakistan, For the people who do not respect there HEROES. Do watch out the program as I was amazed to see such a great man in this tragedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQE_2-iU0RU

[/quote]

May be that would have been the cause of the treatment he got from our governments but keeping him aside there are many other personalities e.g. Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand who are doing great but they don’t want cheap publicity.

If AQ Khan has a role then we shouldn’t give him titles of Father of the bomb etc. In this way we made his life more miserable as he became the soft target for anyone who wanted to criticize our nuclear arsenal. And in this case AQ Khans statements are also not up to the mark. Most of the time he and his followers try to glue all credit to Dr. Sahabs account.

Lets face the reality that we need a collective effort from different fields of scientists to achieve success. Either we want to make weapons, electricity, bi-products from coal, gold and oil from Baluchistan etc. all this will require us to work collectively. Look at China, have you ever hared AQ Khan Type things on their end? I don’t think so.

Instead of spending trillions of rupees annually on Benazir Income support program, Danish Schools, Ghosts Schools and Hospitals, third class sewerage systems in city, so called public sector development programs, army welfare, war against terrorism, subsidies in public sector departments (PIA, Railways, Wapda) we should go for making hydral projects, coal mining and gas discovery in Sindh, minerals from Baluchistan like projects.

I am 100% sure if the above mentioned things are done sincerely with collective wisdom for 1 decade than we will have peace of mind for next 10 decades.

Instead of spending trillions of rupees annually on Benazir Income support program, Danish Schools, Ghosts Schools and Hospitals, third class sewerage systems in city, so called public sector development programs, army welfare, war against terrorism, subsidies in public sector departments (PIA, Railways, Wapda) we should go for making hydral projects, coal mining and gas discovery in Sindh, minerals from Baluchistan like projects.

[/quote]

This exactly is the 10 pointed agenda of PML-N given to our beloved PPP to look upon. I have some faith on PML-N this time. The only thing tingles me is the why solve Raymond’s case this way…

Anywaiz, coming back to the topic. Some naive solutions I have always thought of…

I believe the best option is non-corporative electricity generation .Like many small companies make their own electricity, this can start from one home based system expanding and giving electricity to homes nearby. No tax should be imposed on such systems as well. The electricity price would also be determined by the provider as well.

In fact there should be several electrical companies in a city, like they do in the UK. The consumer decides which company want the electricity from. This will bring competition and growth of th energy sector.