Normal dvd writer or lightscribe?

I am really impressed by lightscribe. Has anyone used it? How has their experience with it. I will be buying a dvd writer tomorrow and i was thinking of going for the lightscribe. So if there are any drwabacks to it then plz tell me

I have a lightscribe drive

i would say that if u really want to print covers on discsand dont have a printer go for it

but it has many problems

u have to use special dicsc and it takes along time to make the labels on the disc

and u can only use a few colours

i have a lightscribe too................its useless in a way for me because discs are too expensive and paper printed label is better in my opinion

Well yeah the discs are expensive but you can always use normal discs if you dont want to label them.

The price difference between a normal and lightscribe is 400 i believe. the normal is selling for 2200 and lightscribe for 2600

i cant decide really. will decide on the spot when i am in the market i guess

I think Buying Lightscribe isnt useless i expect that in future it will be common and will be cheaper as dvds are cheaper than before

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think Buying Lightscribe isnt useless i expect that in future it will be common and will be cheaper as dvds are cheaper than before
[/quote]

well light scribe has been out for 2 or 3 years and in foreign countries its almost a dead tecnology so i dont expect it to b better in the future

[/quote]

People thought HD-DVD would be common in the future too. It won’t.

People thought HD-DVD would be common in the future too. It won’t.

[/quote]

tats how a reformer speaks :D … excellent example …

lightscribe is a good tech if u work in a office and have to burn your presentations on a disc and then label them>>or a university student who does the same>>

just buy a normal dvd writer without lightscribe and buy a permanent marker for 50rs and label your discs>>or simply print your labels

disadv of lightscribe>>

takes too long to etch out your label

lightscribe discs are expensive

Englighten me, how much are lightscribe discs?

they are being sold for 100 per disc, i got a 10 disc pack for 750

I have the Lightscribe DVD-Writer and have not printed a disk with it even once. I did not have a choice of Lightscribe and normal DVD-Writer as the dealer here had only the one with Lightscribe in stock!

i have a lightscribe dvd writer and i only used it once. i just label my discs with pens