[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:16368”]
probably they have not updated website or they maybe keeping left over models for for few more months so they can make people fool and force costumers to buy 2011 model at same early year prices and that is fraud because Toyota is giving them rebate on each left over models so this way dealer can sell quickly old and get new model shipments…this all i am just saying cuz in most 3rd world countries dealers doing this
in normal countries dealers in Q4 move all old inventory to “sister” dealerships moves to rental agencies and sell at low deals so they can make room for new models and get first shipment in Nov
But in your banana country works everything opposite…None authorized dealers get their new model shipment before than authorized dealers if you wanna have 2012 visit them
yup surely banana country bsuiness way…
- finally i placed an order for toyota altis and delivery date is is by the end of the march 2012, lucky for me its altis which has the least delivery time since demand is low if it was gli which is fastest selling then wait could have gone for more than 4 to 5 months.
- had as an extended conversation with the guy who handled the sale, and got little friendly with the guy since by chance he came out to be very well informed due to the fact he used to be car salesman in qatar for 5 years or so selling real cars unlike striipped down corrolas in pakistan, i was like dude WTF you doing here then then selling tin cars??? he was like i came back due to the family reason, so i didn’t feel appropriate asking further personal questions. and then i stayed on the topic of business in hand.
- info acquired by this firendly very well informed sales guy,… pakistani toyota assembling company the “indus” guys doesn’t follow standard international releases of toyota cars by the year, instead what they want to sell in pakistan then that the toyota car is for that year irrespective if thats 3 years old specification car,
- for example they sold year 2011 car in 2011 and they are selling the same year 2011 car as year 2012 car which i just bought, while internationally real year 2012 toyota corollas are being sold.
- local assembler keep low inventory overhead so your car is only assembled when you place the order for the car, not like other countires where you could just go pick up car from the dealership lot and be on the road same day, only delay would come due to if one customize the car with options only and that would be of no more than week or so. in a way i think the indus company saves money on borrowing money from the bank and dom’t have to pay interest since money for the care is collected before hand even when doesn’t exist and is built with customers money instead of borrowed money…
- to give you the easiest example its like you walk into the grocery store and you want to buy a shezan tomato ketchup bottle then the gorcery store intead of giving you the bottle from the stock he already have on the shelf, he telll you looks place an order for the shezan ketchup and i’ll get you the bottle in 2 months, he shows you the glossy brochure of shezan ketchup and takes 120 rupees for the big bottle then forward your order to the shezan company when shezan recieves your order from the grocery store then the shezan company buys tomatoes from from farmer and glass bottle from the bottle company etc then prepare ketchup in two months and deliver it to grocery store where you can go pick up your ketchup… d-amn man you learn everyday new thing in pakistan,