Motorcyle Gear Shifting

Also think that you have to reach your destination safely and don't panic to safe others. Safe yourself and other people on road will safe themselves.

^The person who taught me the to drive both bike and car, he said: Everybody on road is blind, only you are the one with eyes!

lolz

thats what my cousin told me.

Maybe i am driving perfectly. I just don't know myself. :P . I already drove in traffic serveral times but i don't know how to use clutch properly in crowd like whether to hold it half or what. I have seen people that they hold half clutch in traffic and when car in front of them go forward they release clutch with increase in accelerator.

@ Ahmsun

@ Imran

That's what my driving teacher told me :-)

Looks like a famous quote

@Sani

When you will become accustomed to driving, changing gear will enter into your reflexes. And you will never know when you changed gear automatically ;)

Anyways concentrate on the big picture i.e., road and vehicles around and far from you instead of an isolated look at your meter and handle. I am sure you already know this. Happy driving.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Maybe i am driving perfectly. I just don’t know myself. :P . I already drove in traffic serveral times but i don’t know how to use clutch properly in crowd like whether to hold it half or what. I have seen people that they hold half clutch in traffic and when car in front of them go forward they release clutch with increase in accelerator.
[/quote]

I don’t know the proper word for it, but what you seem to have observed most probably was result of the normal “play/give” in a bike’s clutch. They might be pressing the clutch just till the “engage/disengage” point, so when they need to brake or accelerate they don’t have to move their hand from rest position to the depressed clutch and then squeeze it from the extended position. Depending on the tuning of the engine, engaging and disengaging the engine when pressing the clutch like this requires a very small amount of clutch lever movement, which you can easily miss if you are observing someone else do it. Though it is sometimes necessary to use half-clutch as I mentioned in my previous post, but I don’t think anyone does that on a regular bases while driving in traffic.

You can experiment yourself with changing this clutch sensitivity (Though I wouldn’t recommend it to you just now) by loosening or tightening the screw that is at the end of the clutch cable connecting to the gearbox (CD70 and variants)[see this image] to either make it engage/disengage JUST when you start pressing the lever, to the point where it is more than half-way pressed.

Yes exactly same movement of clutch i have observed. I don't depress clutch to full in rush, i just press it fully for changing gears and stop the bike.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^The person who taught me the to drive both bike and car, he said: Everybody on road is blind, only you are the one with eyes!
[/quote]

100% true.

Bike stops in middle of rush and especially on signals. I don't know what i am doing wrong. Bike is checked by mechanic and its still in running period. Can someone tell what i am possibly doing wrong?

^ Dude why don't you ride it in open place? Why are you eager to die? You need to practice before going to the rushy roads bewakooooooof!

man! I practiced a lot but this just happen to me in rush!