I am facing a problem of excessive desyncs, and, have cornered down the issue to "LOS errors", they increase above 200 and the modem desyncs (sometimes my DS margin goes into a figure of something like 2484905903, sometimes they fluctuate too much like decrease/increase of 10 figures; however I find the main issue with LOS errors). Here are my stats:
US Margin 19
DS Margin 16
Trained Modulation ADSL_G.dmt
LOS Errors 177
DS Line Attenuation 11
US Line Attenuation 6
Peak Cell Rate 1509 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 0
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 260
CRC Tx Interleaved 160
Path Mode Interleaved
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0
My telephone line is crystal clear. The line from DP to my modem is direct (via a filter) and the main line is very new, almost 16 months old, only.
I have tried almost everything but nothing helps e.g.
1- Removing the filter and plugging the line directly into the modem. (Somehow all PTCL -Einsteins- suggest that)
2- I have two modems, AZTECH and SHIRO - interchanging them doesn't resolve the issue. (One thing I noted that for last few days, my Aztech modem can not connect on ADSL2+)
3- Tried two filters, doesn't help.
4- Tried to use almost every kind of modulation. ADSL.G.dmt was stable a month ago, but now it is not.
5- RESTARTING THE MODEM, will make it work for 4-5 minutes; and then to make the internet work again, in 9 out of 10 cases, I need to restart the modem.
6- Put everything on voltage stabilizer.
My exchange staff is VERY lazy. In any case, they are not willing to change my modem or change the port or, anything. The line, again, is very clear (and I don't find anything to pay four digits figure to get my pair changed, cabinet jumper changed or the jumper at DP rehashed or maybe a new line).
It's beyond my comprehension on how to resolve this issue. Any assistance will be of great value.
PS: I am from Karachi.