Laptops with Dos or Windows 7?

I think you should buy the laptop on DOS and purchase windows 7 in 30rupees :)

Kashif

www.bestbuypakistan.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I think you should buy the laptop on DOS and purchase windows 7 in 30rupees :)
[/quote]

From BestbuyPakistan? You people selling laptops with Pirated Windows?

Cracks are available for Windows 7 which activate it just like it is genuine. No problems in updates. Microsoft knows what we do but William Henry Bill Gates III is happy that we are bringing fame to their products free of cost. That’s why he is silent.
[/quote]

arrr…hate to break it to you…but i don’t think that anyone here is bringing fame to any of Microsoft’s products.

--

99% of Pakistanis use pirated OSs. So, what we do is free of cost advertisement because some of us buy the original windows after inspiring from its fame. That’s simple to understand. Well, I belong to the field of business and I understand the strategies and mentality of companies.
[/quote]

This is the 1st time i am hearing someone’s saying using pirated windows leads to free advertisement, and you belong to business field, are you seriously kidding me.

Do you have any idea if there wasn’t any pirated Win 7 in Pakistan and everyone will have to get a license. Do you know how much revenue that will generate for Microsoft?

Also same goes for India and Bangladesh etc.

If all these countries had to install licensed Windows, that would be a big revenue stream for Microsoft…period.

Also you’re contradicting yourself by saying 99% of Pakistanis use pirated OS, so since 99% use pirated, who exactly are you doing free advertisement for? Whats your market the remaining 1% who don’t do piracy? :D

Well following up on the discussion... please keep in mind there is a free alternative too namely LINUX :-)

Linux has really become quite user-friendly and the hardware support has improved tremendously too. It is a very good alternative to the paid OS now-a-days.

--

(i)-Well, I’m not contradicting myself but it is a truth that 99% of Pakistanis use pirated OS. Even, in offices, pirated OS are installed and used without any hesitation. Prove me wrong in this scenario!

[/quote]

I never said that there isn’t pirated software, i am talking about something else here, pls. don’t assume things.

The reason ppl use pirated Win, Office, pirated movies, music is because it is free, not because they can’t afford it.

A lot ppl. would pay Rs=20,000/- for a new cell phone every 6 months but they will never buy licensed OS or buy licensed music and we are all in that category. So i don’t think poverty has anything to do with it, also you mentioned that companies are running pirated software, which can afford to buy licensed OS why? not because they can’t afford it but because it’s free.

Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation was built to help the need and poor not to run pirated software, that has nothing to do with pirated software.
[/quote]

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/Pages/guiding-principles.aspx

Please don’t talk about the foundation because it has nothing to do with pirated OS :D

(iv)-Finally, if Pakistan too introduce the same anti piracy firm laws, then people instead of buying expensive windows start using free OS like linux/ubuntu and this will make Linux more popular in our country because, most Pakistanis are unable to buy expensive software.

[/quote]

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-fundamental-differences-between-linux-and-windows/406

Above is the basic difference between Win and Linux and please don’t talk about Mac, it’s caters to a different population who want a ready to go system, don’t want to change anything and are into video editing etc.

Ubuntu and Linux have different purpose.

(v)-So, your point that this will increase the revenue for Microsoft is wrong. (Refer to point (iv)). Come, study business in Chartered Accountancy way to understand inside strategies of companies. ;)
[/quote]

Don’t think you understand my whole point to begin with, you said using pirated is like free advertisement, now i am asking you the same thing again as to who is the target market here??

Every time you do free advertisement you have a target market right ? so who is you target market? And now instead of answering my question you are talking about market share?? Please ans the free advertisement question.

Chartered Accountancy has nothing to do with it, my question was about common sense and logic :D

--

Actually, you lack that sense which is built when a man study something even more deeper than mines.
[/quote]

Honestly i don’t understand what the above statement means.

Market shares are built when something gets popularity. If you say, something anonymous to people would be appreciated, that is wrong.

Sometimes, companies make long term profiles how to bring fame to the products so, they get suggestions from business lawyers or hire them. One of the tactic used is, do not force people to always buy their products, if they can’t, then let them use their products free of cost. In this way, their product would gain fame, and other people inspired by its fame would then buy the product. This is the tactic implemented by the Microsoft in Inside Non-Public policies, and that’s why, windows and other products are used illegally in every country, even in USA.

[/quote]

What you are saying here totally makes sense and is absolutely true and i agree with you 100% but Windows was introduced in 1985, and it’s not a new product that needs to attract ppl. It already has 91% of market share among all OS used these days.

they can’t, then let them use their products free of cost. In this way, their product would gain fame, and other people inspired by its fame would then buy the product.
[/quote]

For above reason don’t we have free trial version of softwares?

Chartered accountancy is not an out of sense and illogical subject , it belongs to the human senses, and I would say, a little more than human senses.
[/quote]

Like i said you are still putting words in my mouth and attacking me, i never said CA is illogical or out of sense, (pls. read carefully what i said in my previous post) i said my question didn’t have anything to do with CA and that it was a common sense question, meaning you don’t have to be a CA to answer it, i was never attacking CA.

Stop being defensive, CA is a great field :) happy.

Win 7 alone has sold 300 Million copies so i honestly don’t think Microsoft need any free advertisement by being used pirated.

If Microsoft don’t care about it, than that is good for all of us. If they want advertisement or publicity they will give it for free or trial versions.

Chill out, read what i said and stop being defensive :)

i think Geronemo3's points are more accurate.

(ii)-Second, Microsoft has gain too much fame in the world because it does not mind if poor people from around the world uses illegal editions of windows. That’s why Linux, Mac can’t beat Microsoft. (If Bill Gates had no feelings for Poor, he would haven’t be running Bill And Melinda Gate’s Charity foundation)
[/quote]

Utter crap.

(iv)-Finally, if Pakistan too introduce the same anti piracy firm laws, then people instead of buying expensive windows start using free OS like linux/ubuntu and this will make Linux more popular in our country because, most Pakistanis are unable to buy expensive software.
[/quote]

Pakistan has such laws. Ever heard of BSA raiding offices to check for pirated software?

@Asad

i strongly agree with neoclue. i am not gonna go into ghisi piti reasons.

--

well thats the fact that in pakistan yet major population lives in villages and there isn't yet a marginally good purchasing power as compared to the rest of the world. So, yes due to the financial problems and having no piracy laws being active in Pakistan, piracy of softwares are not an issue or a big thing for us to consider before using.

This is article is for anyone who thinks microsoft supports piracy

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/27/microsoft-asks-state-lawmakers-to-make-domestic-companies-pay-fo/&category=classic&postPage=1

After my personal experiance with Dell N5010, i will recommend all of you to buy Laptops with pre-installed Windows [OEM].

Well I'm going Mac crazy these days, so need some advice, which MAC should I install on my cutom built Amd setup. Mac( Os 86X)

After my personal experiance with Dell N5010, i will recommend all of you to buy Laptops with pre-installed Windows [OEM].
[/quote]

Same here always had problems with non-licensed version of Windows, having been using licensed since the last 5 yrs. and am very satisfied, but i do understand that most ppl. can’t or don’t want to afford it.

^ Its better to use Linux as an alternative. I mean if you can't afford it, why risk yourself getting caught eventually by authorities or risking your private files being destroyed by hidden code meant for stealing passwords and such in the first place.

Sure the transition is a bit painful one, since we've been using windows like forever. But once you get used to Linux, you will not go back to windows. I've been using Ubuntu for like 4 years now. I'm hooked. The only reason I go back to windows is "gaming". If steam were to introduce a client for linux as well, then bye bye windows.