IP dvr CCTV cameras use with Wateen Wimax

Hello guys

I am planning to install IP dvr(8 channel) CCTV cameras using Wateen Wimax.

I have heard there is a prob of online viewing using other isps. Is it true?

If there is any such thing pls suggest me an alternative.

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:, topic:”]

Hello guys

I am planning to install IP dvr(8 channel) CCTV cameras using Wateen Wimax.

I have heard there is a prob of online viewing using other isps. Is it true?

If there is any such thing pls suggest me an alternative.

[/quote]

I have never tested or seen IP DVR (8 channel) CCTV camera on Wateen (heck, I have not seen that camera :) ).

Please remember, that the upload speed is of 256kbps. Check your camera’s manual that is it enough to upload video steam?

Plus, if need then open ports (necessary for your camera, check manual for ports) for uploading stream. Maybe try turning on UPnP in Wateen’s device.

Good luck.

Bro its not a camera. My main purpose is to use an 8 channel DVR with 4 cameras to upload the content over the internet, so as to enable remote viewing from everywhere there is an internet connection.

I need some information on such a setup anf secondly, is wateen wimax suitable for such a setup?

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:3, topic:17254”]

I need some information on such a setup
[/quote]

For that, hire a person how knows things in this field. Probably from your local computer market. Definitely, there will be persons who know how to setup CCTV cameras with DVR etc.

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:3, topic:17254”]

is wateen wimax suitable for such a setup?

[/quote]

In my experience, I have only uploaded stream from one camera (without using Skype) using VLC and WMP. It was okay as the upload on Wateen is limited to 256kbps. Don’t expect high resolution video with all frames. However, video on Skype is bit acceptable as it is usually limited to 15 to 8 frames/second. Good luck.

yup inshaAllah i will hire a person.

Thanks for the reply. :)

but i heard using wateen to upload video content and live viewing from another ISP like worldcall is not possible? maybe wateen has blocked access to static ip using other ISP's?

[quote=“ThRiLLeR, post:5, topic:17254”]

yup inshaAllah i will hire a person.

Thanks for the reply. :)

but i heard using wateen to upload video content and live viewing from another ISP like worldcall is not possible? maybe wateen has blocked access to static ip using other ISP’s?

[/quote]

I don’t know about Wateen’s policy about static IP addresses. However, as I said above, I have streamed (using both WMP and VLC) from Wateen (upstream) to non-Wateen (downstream) (DSL ISP) and worked okay.

You are pacing online viewing problem because your ip address is dynamic..

i had installed only ONE ip camera at my lands in memon goth karachi and it worked very fine , zoom / tilt etc all functions were okay and yes i used wateen wimaX , i m still using wateen wimax and uploading of 256 Kbps is okay for only one camera . better uploading speeds are available on request with enhanced tariff . camera i used was SW 386 and it was one mega pixel CMOS camera .