Interest rates - I need some help with understanding them!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

plus, dont ignore the Gunaah side, you’re gonna be questioned about everything related to Suud, in the afterlife.
[/quote]

That’s why we have so-called Islamic banking :lol:

That’s why we have so-called Islamic banking :lol:

[/quote]

means you admit that it is so-called, which it really is!

kaan idher se pakro ya udher sey, baat ek hi hai

Well I'm no religious scholar but I have read enough and I do have enough common sense to make the right interpretation out of what kind of interest is considered illegal in my religion. As for what our preachers tell us, many of the times it's mere exaggeration of facts and fabrication using our social values which results in something totally different than what the religion advocates.

Let's not divulge into the details, but why I was mocking the title given to that specific kind of banking is because it's never totally Islamic. Banks, like any other business, strive for profits and their management often decides to do things which aren't religiously unacceptable - as we all know ;) - whether transparently or openly.

Well I’m no religious scholar but I have read enough and I do have enough common sense to make the right interpretation out of what kind of interest is considered illegal in my religion. As for what our preachers tell us, many of the times it’s mere exaggeration of facts and fabrication using our social values which results in something totally different than what the religion advocates.

Let’s not divulge into the details, but why I was mocking the title given to that specific kind of banking is because it’s never totally Islamic. Banks, like any other business, strive for profits and their management often decides to do things which aren’t religiously unacceptable - as we all know ;) - whether transparently or openly.

[/quote]

if the banks takes ur money as investment and u share loss or profit whatever comes…then it is islamic.

investment and loan are 2 different things…

if banks tells u tht ur deposited money will remain the same in all conditions then its does not equates “loss” definition of investment , So in this form its a loan and all money on top of it is interest…

i’m talking about banks…not stock market…stock market is speculation profit n haram… if bank invests in stocks alone then it gains profit from speculation as well …so indirectly such earning is haram.

Well guys. since da post is abt interest rates so i restrictd myslf to it. Sure there are other ways of earning better returns on your investmnts. But da greater da profit margin da greater da risk. My personal/family experience have proved da following to be comparatively safe and profitable investmnts.

1. Nat savng schm.

2. NIT.

3. Life insurance.

4. Real estate