Inspired by Thread cleaning initiative thread by sah, I thought I'll post some points that I think WP members should keep in mind before making every post. So here we go:
1) Don't post in a thread that you think is useless. If you post in a useless thread saying that it's useless, well, you help a useless thread become popular and attract more eyeballs.
2) If you think a thread is outrageous, grossly off-topic, or violate forum rules, again, don't contribute anything to it. Report button is your friend.
3) Make sure your post adds value to the discussion. If it does not, ask yourself why are you wasting your time writing something no one cares about?
4) If you want to ask an off-topic question in someone else's thread, why not refrain and start your own thread instead?
5) If you suddenly develop interest in a member's personal life, email him to get to know him better. Asking members personal questions in a middle of a thread is a signal to other members that you don't care what they are currently talking about (not to mentions it derails the thread).
6) PLEASE get comfortable using the 'Edit' button. Don't make two or three consecutive posts. It makes an easier read and also reduces the thread length significantly which benefits everybody really.
7) Quality is a lot more important than quantity. So please try to make an effort to increase the quality of each post. It wouldn't kill you to use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Try to avoid net slang and 'riting lk dis'. Its more a habit than anything and it won't require much if any extra effort on your part!
8) When 'quoting' someone, please delete any parts irrelevant to your reply. Again this makes posts more readable and reduces thread length.
Remember, we come here for information first and foremost. Entertainment and everything else comes second.
Do you agree?