GPRS on Nokia 3110?

I SMS'ed my phone model to 222 (on Ufone) and they sent the GPRS settings (which I think I correctly activated) but now when I try to connect to the web, it gives me this error: "Packet data connection not available".

Is there anything else I need to do to get the GPRS working?

Did that, without luck.

I activated Umail on my Postpay connection 4 days ago, but still haven't been able to get it to work. A CSR at Ufone help says I have to wait for another 24 hours as he'll forward my complaint to the head office, and they'll send some 'special instructions' via postal mail before I can use GPRS. :rolleyes:

Seriously, has anyone else had to through all this?

it took 15 days to get activated on my warid prepaid connection :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

it took 15 days to get activated on my warid prepaid connection :D
[/quote]

Are you kidding me…? Well, then I guess I was just being illogical for wanting to activate it in a day! :lol:

Are you kidding me…? Well, then I guess I was just being illogical for wanting to activate it in a day! :lol:

[/quote]

it was a problem with me they usually give you a 24 hours time frame

my GPRS was activated on the first day i purchased my sim :/

uFone activates GPRS on PrePaid accounts instantly these days.

i remember sending the msg to a number (cant remember correctly, 222 may be ... ) and my cell's make and model, got activated gprs in a few hours and also received the settings on the same day.

Can any Ufone Umail users here explain how exactly they activated GPRS?

All right, got my umail activated and it works on the phone, no problem, but when I try to connect to the Internet via PC nokia suite, it fails and displays this message on the phone screen "Please subscribe to packet data first".

What now?

All right, got my umail activated and it works on the phone, no problem, but when I try to connect to the Internet via PC nokia suite, it fails and displays this message on the phone screen “Please subscribe to packet data first”.

What now?

[/quote]

i think you cant browse internet using umail

does browsing works in your phone

Yes it works on phone.

I've tried setting up connection manually and put this command in modem settings: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","ufone.internet" . It gets past verifying username/pass phase but then gives this error "The PPP link protocol was terminated".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Yes it works on phone.

I’ve tried setting up connection manually and put this command in modem settings: at+cgdcont=1,“IP”,“ufone.internet” . It gets past verifying username/pass phase but then gives this error “The PPP link protocol was terminated”.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

[/quote]

contact ufone helpline they will email you the settings

Finally working. Changed the APN to umail.internet and viola!

Thanks for your help everyone.