[quote=“iTTi, post:5, topic:21293”]
I am facing the same problem since a week now. @Joker can u elaborate on how to do this DNS changing thing?
I recommend changing DNS from the modem so that every user on your network will be able to access it. No need to configure every single device in this case. For PTCL modems, the configuration should be under 'Advanced Setup > DNS' once you login to the Modem settings; then give 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 as Primary/Secondary Statis DNS, save settings.
Individual device can be set the following method:
- Settings > Wifi > Hold the Wifi connection you use
- A new dialogue appears, click 'Modify Network'
- Check 'Show advanced options'
- Scroll down and select 'Static' instead of 'DHCP' under IP settings
- Scroll down until you see DNS 1/DNS 2 (Primary/Secondary) then type 188.8.131.52 for one and 184.108.40.206 for the other.
- Turn off Wifi then turn back ON
- Check Google Play
(Verify by following the steps again to make sure that the Static IP options has remained with the DNS settings you gave)
I still get "No connection" sometimes even after changing DNS but after selecting Retry a few times, it starts working so all is good.