Dry batteries are more good?

any one ??

Why not use wet ones?

The frequent load shedding stresses the batteries quite a bit. Typical life of all batteries are reduced under such use.

I was planning to use APC UPS 1.5kva (Used). Heard those run good on dry batteries.

I talk to a guy working Emerging Energy Resources company F-7 Islamabad and I asked him a question that I have a 600VA local made UPS will that UPS runs well with Duramp dry battery then he replied that battery will only runs well with branded UPS foreign like Luminous, Inverex, Homeage etc..

With branded UPS that batter will run for 5 years and with local made UPS that same battery runs for only 1 year that what he says is he telling me truth?.

120Ah Duramp dry battery specially made for UPS cost 16000

and same battery with 150Ah cost 19800 R.S.

Now my question is this that if I buy this dry battery and attached it with my local made UPS is that gonna run for 5 years or only 1 year any idea anyone of you?.

^Me using Homage 1200 VA UPS with Exide wet battery from the last 2.5 years. Believe me, this exide battery is still working like I have bought it yesterday. High Quality Dry battery can easily survive for more than 5 years with such High Quality UPS. (But I have come to Know that company has decreased the quality of Homage UPS, So don't buy it now. It's the worst problem of our country.)

neoclue: Are you only running your PC on it?

^Now a days, I am not using it for PC. Used to use it a year ago with my old PC. With that PC, mine Exide battery used to give a backup for consecutive 8 hours. Now, it is being used to light up the whole house. In 2 summers, I also used it with a Room Air Cooler. And with that room air cooler, it used to give a backup for consecutive 1 hour and 15 minutes with Homage UPS.

(Wet battery life can be more if electrolyte ratio in it is correct among with pure distilled water, High Quality charging plates and accurate charging. Battery dealers neither care for sulphuric acid ratio nor for water. They fill it with tap water as I personally saw them doing it.)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^Now a days, I am not using it for PC. Used to use it a year ago with my old PC. With that PC, mine Exide battery used to give a backup for consecutive 8 hours. Now, it is being used to light up the whole house. In 2 summers, I also used it with a Room Air Cooler. And with that room air cooler, it used to give a backup for consecutive 1 hour and 15 minutes with Homage UPS.

(Wet battery life can be more if electrolyte ratio in it is correct among with pure distilled water, High Quality charging plates and accurate charging. Battery dealers neither care for sulphuric acid ratio nor for water. They fill it with tap water as I personally saw them doing it.)

[/quote]

So dude you have a Homeage UPS but I have a local made UPS with best configuration available in the market when I purchased it I make that UPS on order with good quality material, so tell me what should I do will AGS Battery gonna be good enough for me to be able to run for atleast 2-3 years.

One more thing are these AGS batteries Deep Cycle batteries with thick plates?. any idea or what is ur suggestion which battery to buy with local made UPS?.

Can you tell me one more thing of how many AH battery you used with 600VA UPS?.

-Since Homage UPS has especially designed two way charging, it maintains the life of the battery. So, it is better than ordered made UPS. When you buy the battery, provide them with pure distilled water because dealers would prepare it for you with tap water. Ask them to pore exact ratio of sulphuric acid in it. Those will always increase the life of your wet battery.

-As you asked for your AGS battery, if you are lucky, it may stay alive for 2 years if it contains pure distilled water among with appropriate ratio of sulphuric acid.

-Now a days, batteries are made with low quality plates. So, all are same whether you go for Osaka, AGS or Exide.

-I have used 120 Amperes and 130 Amperes Exide batteries with 1200VA Homage UPS. But this UPS can also work with little 12Volts motorbike's battery. And it worked well with that but you know, only for 3 minutes.

(Sorry, I wrongly mentioned 600VA instead of 600 watts. There is no Homage UPS with 600VA. Two models 1200VA and 2400VA are made by this company. Mine is 1200VA. Edited the wrong post.)

-Since Homage UPS has especially designed two way charging, it maintains the life of the battery. So, it is better than ordered made UPS. When you buy the battery, provide them with pure distilled water because dealers would prepare it for you with tap water. Ask them to pore exact ratio of sulphuric acid in it. Those will always increase the life of your wet battery.

-As you asked for your AGS battery, if you are lucky, it may stay alive for 2 years if it contains pure distilled water among with appropriate ratio of sulphuric acid.

-Now a days, batteries are made with low quality plates. So, all are same whether you go for Osaka, AGS or Exide.

-I have used 120 Amperes and 130 Amperes Exide batteries with 1200VA Homage UPS. But this UPS can also work with little 12Volts motorbike’s battery. And it worked well with that but you know, only for 3 minutes.

(Sorry, I wrongly mentioned 600VA instead of 600 watts. There is no Homage UPS with 600VA. Two models 1200VA and 2400VA are made by this company. Mine is 1200VA. Edited the wrong post.)

[/quote]

Thanks for your prompt reply, can you tell me the price tag of Homeage 1200VA UPS and can you tell me which branded UPS is best now a days, moreover what about Luminous UPS?.

^Vortex is better than Homage if you want to use it with desktop computers. I don't know the latest price of Homage UPS but it is not the better option for desktops. But if you want to use to light up bulbs and fans, you should go for Homage.

Wet batteries are more powerful and reliable than dry batteries,always use good brands like exide ,I use wet batteries in my office and i comfortable

Wet batteries are more powerful and reliable than dry batteries,always use good brands like exide ,I use wet batteries in my office and i comfortable
[/quote]

Please specify specs of the dry batteries that you have used.