Cooling pad for laptops

Does any one has knowledge or experienece with cooling pad. The question: is this recommended for protecting computers from getting spoilt due to environmental summer heat.

i have never used one but i have heard that they work well

but make sure that u urself are doin everythin to keep ur laptop cool like makin sure there is no dust in the air vents and stuff like that

Yeah, i purchased a cooling pad from newegg and it is very nice and works well when AC is on and air is cool.

Hey SECC what was the process of buying from newegg from Pakistan. Did they ship it to Pakistan? or you was out of Country when you bought?

I have been using Notepal by Cooler Master since almost 2 years now. I will definitely recommend a laptop cooler, even for the laptops of today which do not produce as much heat as say the ones 2 years ago did. Now I don't like the idea of having laptop on lap or on furniture without the cooler! On a very hot day just few days ago, the cooler was very hot , always a good sign, heat dissipating from the laptop.

BTW. I recommend using a wireless keyboard & mouse paired with laptop. For two reasons,

1) Palm rest area and keyboard area may get hot, uncomfortable feeling and I don't think its good idea in summer for the laptop, air should circulate easily over and under it.

2) Sweaty palms/hands will eat up the plastic colour and any design on palm rest area. Has happened to my last laptop.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hey SECC what was the process of buying from newegg from Pakistan. Did they ship it to Pakistan? or you was out of Country when you bought?
[/quote]

They don’t ship to Pakistan and i was out of country when i bought it.