Cheap ups for computer

Am looking at putting in a UPS for my computer (no prizes for guessing why! :) ) -- I just want enough time to shut down, thats all... Any suggestions will be appreciated --- Thanks!

whats your budget?

Alfa 350W about Rs. 4200. Will give you about 2-3 mins shutdown time. Very small with dry sealed batteries.

APC is better but it costs Rs. 7500.

Edit: 350W = 600 VA

Get at least 500VA UPS. With a 17 inch CRT, that would give you hardly 10 minutes..any less capacity and your UPS will definitely discharge before you can do a proper shutdown.

JonCHN or any any other chinese brand will do the trick, as long as the VA isn't extremely under-rated. 500va, as kuya recommended, should be fine in most cases and should cost you around 3-3.5k.

what about second hand ups>>i was interested in the same thing but wanted to buy a second hand ups as they are cheaper>>anybody knows anything about that

is there any ups which will give me atleast 1 hour to shutdown... if there is .. wat is the cost?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is there any ups which will give me atleast 1 hour to shutdown… if there is … wat is the cost?
[/quote]

now that 1 hour is not for your shut down

or may be ur pc is that slow

guys what about the chinese ups

as he wants cheap one!!

second hand ups go for 1500 to 2500 rs but they are 110 watts so you need a good converter to run them available in naz digital plaza in saddar>>chinese onces are also available in regal>

second hand ups go for 1500 to 2500 rs but they are 110 watts so you need a good converter to run them available in naz digital plaza in saddar>>chinese onces are also available in regal>
[/quote]

i think you visit naz plaza every other day. just kidding

abdulsami :) yes that is correct because all my friends have shops there>>and also i have a hobby business of providing hard to find tech to some people as well so..

abdulsami :) yes that is correct because all my friends have shops there>>and also i have a hobby business of providing hard to find tech to some people as well so…
[/quote]

kool man i m looking for a decent 5.1 speaker system can you help out

i mean to say is there a ups which will help me use pc for 1 hour .. coz then the light will come back in one hour and i wont have to shut down my pc..

So i dont want it to shut down :) i wanna keep workin on it

why dont u get hamsters to keep the power supply runnin lol =D

just kiddin

hey guys i want UPS for my dsl modem and wireless router. please guy tel me from where i can get ups with 1hr backup time in lahore.if it is used then it is better

abdulsami>kool man i m looking for a decent 5.1 speaker system can you help out

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

whats your budget>>would you like to buy it second hand or new<<output requirements??

hey guys i want UPS for my dsl modem and wireless router. please guy tel me from where i can get ups with 1hr backup time in lahore.if it is used then it is better

May b u should read the post of Metro.. or may b u should go there. they have got good ups. but its new

and i dont know by backing up the dsl u mean the whole pc or not ..

but its worth try..