Bought Sony Bravia BX300 LCD TV

techman thats exactly the same issue that ive been facing on a bravia, the manual states that it plays mpeg-1 and mpeg-2

the video is fine.. but there seems to be no audio, ive tried xilisoft plus allok video converter

any suggestions people?

i have no issue excellent quality of I download 720p and 480P movies and convert to MPEG-11 video bit rate 1200 Kbps and sound to mp2 no problem at all. almost converted 50-60 songs and 20-25 Movies for the last 5 months no problem at all.

By the way Sound quality of Sony is very poor Most brands are not giving good speakers with LCD TV.Even on 42'' and above models monopoly to buy sound system/

Convert it through Any Video Converter Pro 3.0.7 crack

Sam33r ive downloaded Any Video Converter Pro 3.0.7 crack and tried to convert videos to MPEG-II,

the original video resolution is 1920x1040 and when i convert it to MPEG-II 1920x1040 and play it on the pc, the pixels start to break.. quality dies out.. is there something that im doing wrong? or will it work perfect on the Bravia?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

techman thats exactly the same issue that ive been facing on a bravia, the manual states that it plays mpeg-1 and mpeg-2

the video is fine… but there seems to be no audio, ive tried xilisoft plus allok video converter

any suggestions people?

[/quote]

I tried the following sample MPEG1 and MPEG2 videos and they are working fine on TV, both video and audio. So that means we are doing something wrong when converting and we just need to find the right software and combination. As suggested by Sam33r, I will try that software and then test.

MPEG-1

http://www.jhepple.com/support/SampleMovies/MPEG-1.mpg

MPEG-2

http://www.jhepple.com/support/SampleMovies/MPEG-2.mpg

Standard MPEG-2

http://www.jhepple.com/SampleMovies/Standard_MPEG-2.mpeg

MPEG-2 SVCD

http://www.jhepple.com/SampleMovies/MPEG-2_with_Super_VideoCD_Extensions.mpeg

MPEG-2 DVD

http://www.jhepple.com/SampleMovies/MPEG-2_with_DVD_Extensions.mpeg

For the past 3, 4 hours I have been trying to solve this mystery of audio not playing. Download a couple of softwares and converted many videos. I was about to pull my hair then I found out that if I encode audio using MP2 and not MP3 then Sony does play audio!!!

But....but......but......now the problem is both video and audio are not sync!! :@

I encoded three videos as follows:

video: mpeg1

audio mp3 (224kbps)

audio mp3 (128kbps)

audio mp2 (128kbps)

Only the last one plays audio. And in all three files, video and audio is not sync. So I guess for syncing I need to look into that software may be there is some setting!? Or may be because I was not encoding whole movie but only chunk of it so it might have done something?

Ok I was reading TV manual and it says, it supports the following two formats:

MPEG1

MPEG2 (MPEG1 with layer II audio)

This MPEG1 with layer II audio is basically MP2 format.

Here are some more tests. I downloaded a 720p trailer of Transformers - Revenge of the fallen as follows:

Original Movie

Resolution: 1280 X 534

Frame rate: 23.9 fps

Size: 77.9 MB

I converted it into following formats:

MPEG1 with MP2 audio

Frame rate: 50 fps

Size: 41.89 MB

MPEG2 with MP2 audio

Size: 42.21 MB

MPEG2-PS with MP2 audio

Resolution: 1280 X 720

Size: 123.30 MB

I didn't notice any difference in quality between these three on TV. May be there is some difference which will be visible when we see all three side by side but the first two formats were crystal clear like the third one even though there is huge difference between their sizes. The first two are even smaller in size than the original movie.

Say is the LX series available here?

You better not convert because the quality will be reasonably reduced.

You better connect via computer and then watch. In my opinion, it would be far better experience!

samsung series 4 in this range is best choice no doubt . there is no comparison of samsung .

Sony has superior picture quality, i saw on the display center in makro and sony bravia was better in terms of picture quality. Also i visited Sony Usa and the models displayed there are not provided here why is that?

I bought a VGA cable yesterday to connect Laptop with TV. Cost Rs. 350 and length 3 meters.

Then I watched few minutes of a 720p movie which I had downloaded for this purpose and wow it had superb picture quality. Very crisp and clear video!!!

Now I just need to get an audio cable and then I will watch that movie. Can't wait!

try HDMI for a change.. it will blow you!

try HDMI for a change… it will blow you!
[/quote]

No HDMI in laptop :(

I bought a VGA cable yesterday to connect Laptop with TV. Cost Rs. 350 and length 3 meters.

Then I watched few minutes of a 720p movie which I had downloaded for this purpose and wow it had superb picture quality. Very crisp and clear video!!!

Now I just need to get an audio cable and then I will watch that movie. Can’t wait!

[/quote]

Yes Its easy to watch movies from laptop no conversion required but i like one thing in USB u can Fast Foward + Rewind play and pause the movie from the Remote.

I am planning or thinking to buy this Device

Western Digital WD TV Mini Media Player Model WDBAAL0000NBK-NESN

Model

Brand

Western Digital

Model

WDBAAL0000NBK-NESN

Performance

Interface

USB 2.0

Physical Spec

Dimensions

3.6" x 3.6" x 0.8"

Weight

3.98 oz.

Features

Features

Turn your USB drive into a media player - Play DVD-quality content from your USB drive. Optimized for My Passport portable hard drives. Also works with most other USB drives, digital cameras, and camcorders.

Supports an extensive list of file formats - Plays back a wide variety of DVD-quality file formats without the need to transcode, including RealVideo.

Simple, intuitive user interface - Use the included remote control to navigate smoothly through your entertainment choices using the DVD-like navigation. Supports video chapters, trick modes, and subtitles.

Collect without limits - There's no limit to the size of your media collection; just add more USB drives for more space.

Automatic play - Set the player to play a selected media file automatically when the unit is turned on. Perfect for living art on your HD TV or for digital signage.

Small and portable - Small enough to take with you. Play video at home, at a friend's house or while you're travelling.

AV Outputs:

Component A/V (output)

Composite A/V (output)

Media Formats

Video – AVI (Xvid, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MP4/MOV (MPEG4), RM or RMVB 8/9/10

Image – JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG

Audio – MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, OGG, APE

Subtitle – SRT, SSA, SUB, SMI

Note:

- RMVB supports up to 1024x576x24, 1024x576x30, or 800x600x30 compressed video resolution

- MPEG1/2/4 supports up to D1 resolution (720x480 in NTSC, 720x576 in PAL)

- MPEG2 ML/MP conforming to ISO-13818

- MPEG1 ML/MP conforming to ISO-11172

- An audio receiver is required for multi-channel surround sound via the digital optical output

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MKV Files not supported In pakistan Its available for 5500 Rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2e4alpy.jpg

2moqmqe.jpg

30wt9ch.jpg

^ I don't know what are your preferences for playback, but before buying any such device, I would first check whether it has the capability to play h264 codec or not, because most of the BR Rips available nowadays are in that codec, in either mkv or mp4 container. Xvid or Divx codec now seem things of the past, especially if you want to get the best out of your LCD.

Sony has superior picture quality, i saw on the display center in makro and sony bravia was better in terms of picture quality. Also i visited Sony Usa and the models displayed there are not provided here why is that?
[/quote]

visit at punjab chowrangi Karachi outlets of sony as well as samsung side by side they are located just near the underpass . you will see the difference , make sure both outlests are running on the analogue signals first and THEN try on digital signal / DVD etc and then judge BOTH with standard settings , and above all i have both these LCDs plus others too in my own home and for sure Samsung has no comparison ! samsung is superior and advanced too . also USB playing features with so many formats including MKV (in which blue ray also comes) is supported in samsung from usb !!

Since a year later sony was buying the panels from samsung :) , now sony is buying from sharp :) sony CANT make panels itself , why ?? :)

because he has no technology to make superior panels at all.

awww man, if I had this information earlier, about mkv playback from ubs, i would have gone straight for Samsung without even thinking!

visit at punjab chowrangi Karachi outlets of sony as well as samsung side by side they are located just near the underpass . you will see the difference , make sure both outlests are running on the analogue signals first and THEN try on digital signal / DVD etc and then judge BOTH with standard settings , and above all i have both these LCDs plus others too in my own home and for sure Samsung has no comparison ! samsung is superior and advanced too . also USB playing features with so many formats including MKV (in which blue ray also comes) is supported in samsung from usb !!

Since a year later sony was buying the panels from samsung :) , now sony is buying from sharp :) sony CANT make panels itself , why ?? :)

because he has no technology to make superior panels at all.

[/quote]

Well you really solved my problem of selecting between samsung and sony too. Can you tell me which Samsung model are you talking about? Im thinking about buying this model Samsung LA32A330 but there is no such information about video format playback, please tell me do you think this model is capable of playing Mkv from usb drive.

http://www.shophive.com/shophive/Samsung-LA32A330-p-4466.pakistan.html