Best Institute relating Computer courses in Karachi

Agreed, and thanks for making it concise and to the point. ;)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Still not getting you like I never understood Dawn colums because of poor english :(

Anyways just in case I;m average pakistani and I dont have pawa and sifarish what will you suggest me then ???

[/quote]

Okay, then forget about everything I said earlier.

What are the prestigious institutes in Karachi that gives out short courses about computers? Institutes which certificate will worth more than certificates from other lower-quality institutes. Name of institutes does matter.

Call your friends and cousins to get some names of institutes. Then call institutes and get fee structure and courses they offer. Make list of options.

Then think calmly and ask yourself, what you want to aim; desktop programming, website programming, network administrator etc. etc. I’ll suggest to do little of all fields and select which you like more.

C/C++ is a very good language. If you learn this language then all other languages becomes easy. A short course on this and a good certificate will always help you get a job in software house.

Java still have some hype. If you like Java then learn it too.

VB6 is very easy to learn for beginners. But it is pretty old now. About 10 or 11 years old.

.NET languages (VB.NET, C#.NET, Managed C/C++) are in hype these days, especially C#. You can get job in software house if you know C#. A certificate will be good.

PHP, ASP.NET etc. are good for website programming.

Also learn some database systems. Not just their basis but practice some on Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL.

Do also think about to get Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certificates. But remember that there are many institutes who take fake exams and gives out fake certificates while they take fees equal to or less than Microsoft. Original certificates (examination fees) are bit expensive because you have to pay Microsoft in dollars.

Do tell us what are you think now?

Thanks again sir jee. I'm really thinking of getting a certificate course. My first term exams are going on and as you mentioned before its the power of knowledge not certificates. I have contacted with one of my friend. He is the first pakistan microsoft certificate holder and he promised me to help me in this regard. I will get back to you what i do.

On other hand about doing css and geting job. I already applied for somany jobs. I was not recomended twice in issb and was also dint get job in police because i dint hav sifarish. Looking forwad to apply in fpsc and spsc, but im hopeless from goverment side.

Anyways about the interest things, the things you mentioned, i dont know them so right now i cant choose one. But on self note im always interested in technical side.

Anyways thanks again for your help. I believe your in some software house too so your advice will help me. Thanks again.

^ Microsoft's certificate are good but they comes in wide variety and different flavors. However, before you get Microsoft's certificate from any local institute, please do investigate that they will give you genuine Microsoft certificate. Because I have heard news of fake certificate given out while taking full fees.

^Wampyr dude

Please tell me about the significance of CCNA. I am planning to prepare for CCNA paper.

^^ Thanks wampyr bhai,

I will get back to you as soon as I get one,

By the way If I were you, What option or for what you would have gone to ?

Just take yourself in my place :D

^Wampyr dude

Please tell me about the significance of CCNA. I am planning to prepare for CCNA paper.

[/quote]

Good for if you are planning to become Network Administrator.

^^ Thanks wampyr bhai,

I will get back to you as soon as I get one,

By the way If I were you, What option or for what you would have gone to ?

Just take yourself in my place :D

[/quote]

If for myself then I won’t go into hassle of any these certificates but I would focus myself on BCS and then Masters. After master degree, if I still do not get job (I might be doing job since my Matric exam) and if I got free time then I might (might) think to get few Microsoft and some other certificates. Maybe rather than just certificates, I would do a job for only Rs. 2000 (yes only 2000 a month) to get experience and start creating my portfolio, even if that job is not related to computers.

However, that’s my thinking, you should go for certificates.

CCNA and CCNP are good courses if want to pursue Network administration, but remember this, these courses are based on current Net Tech, and therefore you have to update your knowledge constantly. Then again not every company (not just Pak) around the world are going to change their networks in an instant.

If you want materials then go to Sir syeds online library and download several networking ebooks, and exam papers.

If someone has experience or some information about CCNA, plz do tell me all the details and the proper links. ANy online links will also be highly appreciated. I am in my 5th semester and 3 semester remain of my BSIT. What should I so? Either wait for another year, coz may be it could change significantly and then again I would have to go through this CCNA paper.

Waiting for your replies with links also.

Sorry but the link I had, which had links to various ccna Pdfs are gone:

http://www.ccnaguide.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64

Sorry I let ya down.

^ I got some dums and simulations but not enough. Got them write on CD from a friend but need more. I think many Gurus are registered on Wired Pakistan. Waiting for links from them.

Regards

@wampyr bhai

Ahh thanks sir, I'm really thinking of following your way now.:-)

Thanks for continous support.

@wampyr bhai

Ahh thanks sir, I’m really thinking of following your way now.:slight_smile:

Thanks for continous support.

[/quote]

At least get some Microsoft and maybe a Cisco certificate. They might help you to create a good portfolio. But jobs, no matter how small are, they look much better on CV than just certificates. Because, businesses like to hire people who have experience in real life rather than just papers of degrees.

asalam o alikum.

im doing b.com but my interest in networking and i want to do some networking courses like ccna...etc can any body help me for good institute and tell me is this good for me with bcom or i have to do BCS too ?

@wampyr: what is nice briefing & conclusion, can you guide me if i want to become software developer for mac, what course should i do and which institue supports for mac in karachi, do reply.

^ First of all, do you have a Mac?

^ First of all, do you have a Mac?
[/quote]

Dear sah,

Thanks for ur concern, Yes i do have imac & mac book pro, the thing i like about this web site we have intelligent & serious ppl here.

Keep it up we need more ppl like everyone here.

^ Then you have all that is necessary. Taking courses will be a waste of your time and money:

1. Download and install the XCode IDE. Its freely available from Apple's website and is used to develop applications for Mac OS and iOS.

2. Learn Objective-C since it is Apple's language of choice. As much as I hate Apple, their documentation is exceptional, so look here: http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/Introduction/introObjectiveC.html

3. Check out the Apple reference library ( http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/navigation/index.html ). They have documentation and tutorials for all kind of Mac OS/iOS related development. Its really your first and last stop.

After that all you need is to sit down and code till your fingers drop off.

Out of curiosity, what is your current level of programming skill? Which languages are you familiar with and how much hands on coding experience do you have? Any projects of significance?