Best Anti Virus Software?

well this virus is bit nasty one when i copy any file in the flash drive it gets corrupt and sometimes replaces the files with folders with weird names

i am installing kaspersky but it is interfering with comodo :mad:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

well this virus is bit nasty one when i copy any file in the flash drive it gets corrupt and sometimes replaces the files with folders with weird names

i am installing kaspersky but it is interfering with comodo :mad:

[/quote]

well i am not a biology student but i do know that there iz such a proces in which male and female with best qualities are inter-bred so that the generation produced has gud qualities of both…

I think same phenomenon iz needed here …

Nod32+kaspersky—(after one night)—>[gives us an anti virus which iz les memory eater user friendly and automaticaly finds and kils all type of viruses and many other qualities produced due to mutuation…] name of that anti virus wil be NODERSKY32.

So howz the idea…

Pretty much on spot... except you won't get definitions for NODersky!

And I've said it before (which no one read) and I'll say it again: run both on your PC, use them for a day or so, THEN decide. Don't jump to conclusions; you'll waste your time.

well i am not a biology student but i do know that there iz such a proces in which male and female with best qualities are inter-bred so that the generation produced has gud qualities of both…

I think same phenomenon iz needed here …

Nod32+kaspersky—(after one night)—>[gives us an anti virus which iz les memory eater user friendly and automaticaly finds and kils all type of viruses and many other qualities produced due to mutuation…] name of that anti virus wil be NODERSKY32.

So howz the idea…

[/quote]

they will interfere with each other you will have to disable realtime protection on one of them

well well well

i installed kaspersky and it also didn't detect anything nor in my computer nor in the flash drive :mad: so i think i will be trusting nod32 again coz this one eats up a lot of ram

but can someone tell what's the problem with this flash drive that whenever i copy anything it gets corrupt and i copied an avi movie but the avi movie file was replaced with few weird named folders and i copied two installers and both got corrupt and showed a ms dos windows for a second when i ran them, even few music file got corrupt

and i copied few folders but the content of those folders is hidden

and i have tried formatting it again and again but same thing happens even with DOS

btw i am guessing that it is boot sector virus am i right or what?

or it may be possible that it isn't a virus alltogether

any idea mates?

btw if you guys want working keys for nod32 or kaspersky just contact me i have very good site for this

i got a working key for kaspersky which has 300 day expiry from that site and that site is updated daily with working keys :)

well well well

i installed kaspersky and it also didn’t detect anything nor in my computer nor in the flash drive :mad: so i think i will be trusting nod32 again coz this one eats up a lot of ram

but can someone tell what’s the problem with this flash drive that whenever i copy anything it gets corrupt and i copied an avi movie but the avi movie file was replaced with few weird named folders and i copied two installers and both got corrupt and showed a ms dos windows for a second when i ran them, even few music file got corrupt

and i copied few folders but the content of those folders is hidden

and i have tried formatting it again and again but same thing happens even with DOS

btw i am guessing that it is boot sector virus am i right or what?

or it may be possible that it isn’t a virus alltogether

any idea mates?

[/quote]

i think that the virus is in ur computer rather than the drive

and when u copy stuff in the flash drive the virus just replaces the stuff with its own things

have u tried on linux?

i think that the virus is in ur computer rather than the drive

and when u copy stuff in the flash drive the virus just replaces the stuff with its own things

have u tried on linux?

[/quote]

well i have scanned my computer with both nod32 and kaspersky both no virus found :S

my hijackthis log if someone wants to see:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 3:22:48 AM, on 5/7/2008

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Active Keyboard\HotFiles.exe

C:\Program Files\ClipX\clipx.exe

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\avp.exe

C:\Program Files\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\AntiPoisoner\AntiPoisoner.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\Program Files\Spyware Terminator\SpywareTerminator.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Saad Ibrahim Lakhany\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 10.0.0.5:8080

O1 - Hosts: 127.255.255.255 serial.alcohol-soft.com

O2 - BHO: Octh Class - {000123B4-9B42-4900-B3F7-F4B073EFC214} - C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitcth.dll

O2 - BHO: flashget2 urlcatch - {1F364306-AA45-47B5-9F9D-39A8B94E7EF1} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ActiveKeyboard] C:\Program Files\Active Keyboard\HotFiles.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClipX] C:\Program Files\ClipX\clipx.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\avp.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [C:\Program Files\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe] C:\Program Files\NetMeter\NetMeter.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

O4 - Startup: AntiPoisoner.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/201

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Grab video by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/204

O8 - Extra context menu item: Do&wnload selected by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/203

O8 - Extra context menu item: Down&load all by Orbit - res://C:\Program Files\Orbitdownloader\orbitmxt.dll/202

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\SCIEPlgn.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/kavwebscan_unicode.cab

O16 - DPF: {5CE72DD0-4695-4D18-A4D3-3367ACD37578} (F-Secure Health Check 1.0) - http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/onlineservices/fshc/fscax.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\avp.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

O23 - Service: StarWind AE Service (StarWindServiceAE) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindServiceAE.exe

O23 - Service: Tor Win32 Service (tor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Vidalia Bundle\Tor or.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\System32\TuneUpDefragService.exe

--

End of file - 6518 bytes

ran a spyware scan too no Spyware found :)

this guy is facing similar problems:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=214912&start=0

btw the flash is new

Did u try "kill_amvo_virus_usb_en" script file, it will delete virus value from registry and also

use winrar or any other software to c hidden files in your Flash drive.

http://www.en.mygeekside.com/?p=18.

btw if you guys want working keys for nod32 or kaspersky just contact me i have very good site for this

i got a working key for kaspersky which has 300 day expiry from that site and that site is updated daily with working keys :)

[/quote]

saad update ur nod32 to todays date today my nod updated virus definations and there are many new virus definations in it

BTW i tooo have that keys thing anyone want can contact me too.

[/quote]

are you talking about nod 321?

[/quote]

same patches are also available to extend subscription.

I recently installed McAfee Corporate Edition as I was tired of using pirated versions of softwares and surprisingly, it has one of the lowest resource utilization. Compared to Symantec and Kaspersky, I say McAfee has done a good job with its new PC protection suite.

saad update ur nod32 to todays date today my nod updated virus definations and there are many new virus definations in it

BTW i tooo have that keys thing anyone want can contact me too.

[/quote]

It was updated till the last second when i uninstalled it and will be updating it when i install it back again :)

I recently installed McAfee Corporate Edition as I was tired of using pirated versions of softwares and surprisingly, it has one of the lowest resource utilization. Compared to Symantec and Kaspersky, I say McAfee has done a good job with its new PC protection suite.
[/quote]

corporate editions are always light weight :)

[/quote]

what is nod321?

i am talking about eset nod32

Did u try “kill_amvo_virus_usb_en” script file, it will delete virus value from registry and also

use winrar or any other software to c hidden files in your Flash drive.

http://www.en.mygeekside.com/?p=18.

[/quote]

nah didn’t work

btw it not that autorun.inf virus

what if its boot sector virus?

what is nod321?

i am talking about eset nod32

[/quote]

you said you know about daily key site for nod32. nod321.com has got the daily keys for nod32. :)

you said you know about daily key site for nod32. nod321.com has got the daily keys for nod32. :)

[/quote]

no its a diff site , sorry i misunderstood you

this site that i am talking about does check the working keys and mention it on thier website and when the key expires they replace they only have one key for nod32 but it is gauranteed to work and when it stops working they change it but the keys sometimes work for many days but they have many keys for kaspersky :)