Battry dead within 6month

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:20, topic:21864”]

Single solution for all these - UNI-T 203 clamp meter. For gravity, a hydrometer.

[/quote]

also please tell how you check , what parameter needed to observer while using hydrometer and unit-203 ?

specific gravity should be around 1250 with hydrometer. Amps should be 10% of battery capacity and cutoff voltage should not exceed 14.2volts. also low battery should be set to 11 volts to protect battery from deep discharging.

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:22, topic:21864”]

specific gravity should be around 1250 with hydrometer. Amps should be 10% of battery capacity and cutoff voltage should not exceed 14.2volts. also low battery should be set to 11 volts to protect battery from deep discharging.

[/quote]

if we set low battry to 11volts then backup not good. i think 10volts is good.

[quote=“nasirjavaid, post:22, topic:21864”]

[/quote]

can u please tell, gravity check is perform on full charge or not ? also how can i check cut off voltage with unit 203-t meter ?

[quote=“ASIF-ALI, post:23, topic:21864”]

if we set low battry to 11volts then backup not good. i think 10volts is good.

[/quote]

Yes but for good battery it is enough and i set it to be on safe side. 10.2 is minimum.

[quote=“gbaz, post:24, topic:21864”]

can u please tell, gravity check is perform on full charge or not ? also how can i check cut off voltage with unit 203-t meter ?

[/quote]

you must remove surface charge before checking gravity. leave battery for couple of hours after full charge or use it for couple of minutes and then test gravity. uni-t 203 is not necessary for setting cutoff voltage. any good digital meter will do the job. keep both probes connected to battery while its charging and keep an eye on the voltage... it should stop charging when voltage reaches 14v - 14.2v.. you will have to experiment it couple of times.

10.5V is a dead battery.. for long life of branded wet battery 10.5 is cut off point.. for local batteries even 11 is a risk.. they suck.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:27, topic:21864”]

10.5V is a dead battery.. for long life of branded wet battery 10.5 is cut off point.. for local batteries even 11 is a risk.. they suck.

[/quote]

Then what low batry setting we need to set for our local battries? for long life?

There is no long life for local batteries. in our load shedding senario 2 years battery life with local ups is good enough for most people. My AGS battery develops bad cell just after 3 months of usage. Still giving 2 hrs back up on 4 fans 3 lights with AGS 2nos GX165 24V setup after around 12 months of usage.

11V is minimum.. 11.5 would be even better but that would reduce backup a lot and would require batteries larger than 180AH for sufficient backup.. so 11V is good cut off point. for Desi UPS

APC has its own well managed automatic system.