Attn PTCL Users: SEA-Me-We4 Under Repair

I am getting this message "torrent file is not valid bencoding" whenever i tried to open torrent file what is that ?

The one torrent I already have downloading won't go over 20 kb/s (good seeders and everything). I'm at a loss for words, is this the end of torrents in Pakistan? :(

time to leave PEE TCL

[quote=“aqeelraza, post:23, topic:15155”]

time to leave PEE TCL

[/quote]

Time to say good bye to Piracy

[quote=“armada, post:21, topic:15155”]

I am getting this message “torrent file is not valid bencoding” whenever i tried to open torrent file what is that ?

[/quote]

I’m getting a similar message now, “invalid torrent file”.

Also I’ve noticed no video streaming sites other than youtube seem to be working. Youtube loads up videos real fast even at 720p, yet other major sites like dailymotion, megavideo seem to be taking ages to play a video (most of the time they never load). Watching tv shows online is out of the question right now. I only got my connection on Saturday so there might be something wrong with it, but I have no hitches in surfing, no disconnections, no problems on youtube. Are there any settings I need to tweak with the modem?

1402835532.png

[quote=“armada, post:24, topic:15155”]

Time to say good bye to Piracy

[/quote]

Everybody is doing piracy :)

Downloading torrent files appears to be broken. However P2P traffic is normal for me. Try using DHT/Peer Exchange. You might get more seeds as well as speed. My IP Pool is 116.71.x.x

Update : Accordingly to PTCL-1218, this problem is exist (as they were denied there was not any problem) and its on back-end. So it will be resolved within 2 to 3 days...... :blink:

Use Proxy to get torrent file. Enable DHT/Peer Exchange in your client. Open uPnP in your modem. This should work.

seriously PTCL don't wanna lose costumers they also knows that more than half of their costumers are Pirates and piracy is good for common peoples and as well here we not have legal authorities/product distributors who will take any action against piracy

Piracy Khapay

holy crap....i cant believe they are doing this...i cant download a single torrent

[quote=", post:28, topic:15155"]

Update : Accordingly to PTCL-1218, this problem is exist (as they were denied there was not any problem) and its on back-end. So it will be resolved within 2 to 3 days… :blink:

[/quote]

How can it be a problem only effecting *.torrent files? This has to be deliberate

Definitely deliberate & I think this has something to do with the routine maintenance going on the SMW-4 cable. Maybe network was getting choked on the backup links so they resorted to killing of .torrent extensions.

now this is another head ache

maybe its happened unintentionally because most of the operators of 1218 are unaware of this problem.

[quote=“scuzzy, post:29, topic:15155”]

Use Proxy to get torrent file. Enable DHT/Peer Exchange in your client. Open uPnP in your modem. This should work.

[/quote]

Tried this but no working

even Google DNS is also not working! <_<

[quote=“ZeroZero2, post:16, topic:15155”]

i called and asked the ptcl people,

the call was taken by a HAWT :D voice after some 20mins of ridiculous “inteha-e-intezar” :angry:

then i told her that i was having troubles since last night with my torrent etc. she didnt know about torrent so she transffered the call to senior support. after more than 20 mins the senior support chick picked up(her voice wasnt good, she sounded like a tranny in pain :unsure: ) and told me tht ptcl hasnt blocked any site but they’re having issues with some bittorrent sites. and as soon as the issue is resolved they’ll send me an email/ call me etc…

:unsure:

[/quote]

Thanks God she didnt asked you to format ur HD or Reinstalled windows xp/7 :)

The problem the thread starter faced was because he was on open dns, he was assigned an IP which was registered by a moron who blocked torrents on it. You are only supposed to registered IP addresses if you have a static IP address, but more and more idiots are registering PTCL IP's on open dns then blocking everything on it. This is the reason I stopped using open dns.

But now PTCL has in fact blocked torrents. So changing your dns is not going to help you, it only helped the thread starter.

Hey there!

Since this evening i am unable to download very first initial torrent file from any tracker either public or private..

i guess ptcl is restricting its ips from p2p sharing... i am not sure but i need to know from you guys...ANYONE HERE FACING THIS ISSUE?

not yet confirmed by PTCL if they are going to close p2p on their network then they must confirm officially and set forbidden messages on torrent sites don't confuse costumers

http://www.wiredpaki...__fromsearch__1

http://www.wiredpaki...__fromsearch__1