ZTE ZXDSL 831 and LINKDOTNET

Hello,

I got a new ZTE ZXDSL 831 and i want to configure it with LINK DOT NET i have followed all the instruction from the help line and now i am done i m tierd and frustrated. what happens i get IP address on the router status from link dot net but i am unable to browse it comes back to router webaccess page any help ??????????

Call their customer support or ask for on-site help.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hello,

I got a new ZTE ZXDSL 831 and i want to configure it with LINK DOT NET i have followed all the instruction from the help line and now i am done i m tierd and frustrated. what happens i get IP address on the router status from link dot net but i am unable to browse it comes back to router webaccess page any help ???

[/quote]

This modem is in PTCL how u get in LDN … WELL call help center they can better tell u regarding settings.

A bit late to respond but this might help you.

Configuring to Router mode

1. Login to http://192.168.1.1 with the username and password (Case sensitive).

username : ADSL

password: expert03

Note: “03" read “zero three”.

OR,

username : ZXDSL

password: ZXDSL

Note:

If you cannot logon using the user name and password combinations provided above, you may need to reset the modem by long-pressing the ‘reset’ button to the default factory setting.

2. When logged in, click on the WAN tab.

3. Under the WAN tab, select PPP and then select ADD to add in a new PPP configuration as follow:

PPP Interface = ppp-0

ATM VC = aal5-2 or equivalent ( VPI=0, VCI=35 setting)

Interface Sec Type = Public

Status = Start

Protocol = PPPoE

Use DHCP/DNS = Enable

Security Protocol = PAP

Login Name = yourname@streamyx

Password = your password

4. Under the Services tab, select NAT, and set it to Enable.

5. Under the Services tab, select IP Filter, make sure the Public and Private is set to Accept, and this would allow the modem to access the Net.

After that, click on “Admin” and then “Commit” and then “Reboot”.

6. Set every PCs TCP/IP in your LAN to point to the modem as the gateway.

IP Address = 192.168.1.x ( where x ranges from 2-254)

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway = 192.168.1.1.

Preferred DNS Server = 202.188.0.133

Alternate DNS Server = 202.188.1.5

7. Once it’s done you should check your Internet connectivity by loading your favorite website.

Let me know if this helps or not.