Zte modem unsync solved

hello guys,

i just wanted to ask is my modem ok now . the ptcl fix guy came and fixed my ZTE 831 II blue modem and now its much more stable so far very rare unsyncs now . also here is my stats

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time

Line Up Time Duration 00:00:00:57 System Up Time 00:00:01:19

Line Downstream Rate 1024 Line Upstream Rate 256

Latency Type Interleave Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 33.0 Line Attenuation 35.0

Output power 8.9 Attainable Line Rate 10624

Line Up Count 1 Status No Defect

i am using G.DMT with splitter and the noise margin right now is after rebooting using browsing after a wile it goes to about 22-23 . but still using adsl2+ also reduces it to 15-18. but very well

the most noticable difference is

in status page its showing this

ADSL Port Enable

Downstream Line Rate 1024

Upstream Line Rate 256

when before it was 4096 downstream and 1024 upstream . but very unstable and speed also was above 1mb or 1.5-2 mb download and upload 700 kbps now low but stable.

has some thing like this happened to any of you. i have new phone wire with no noise and everything is ideal lenght pole is right next to my house almost minimal difference i reside in faisal town. exchange is not more than half a kilometer.

very ideal .

here my speed test. what u think

493277619.png

493278234.png

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hello guys,

i just wanted to ask is my modem ok now . the ptcl fix guy came and fixed my ZTE 831 II blue modem and now its much more stable so far very rare unsyncs now . also here is my stats

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time

Line Up Time Duration 00:00:00:57 System Up Time 00:00:01:19

Line Downstream Rate 1024 Line Upstream Rate 256

Latency Type Interleave Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 33.0 Line Attenuation 35.0

Output power 8.9 Attainable Line Rate 10624

Line Up Count 1 Status No Defect

i am using G.DMT with splitter and the noise margin right now is after rebooting using browsing after a wile it goes to about 22-23 . but still using adsl2+ also reduces it to 15-18. but very well

the most noticable difference is

in status page its showing this

ADSL Port Enable

Downstream Line Rate 1024

Upstream Line Rate 256

when before it was 4096 downstream and 1024 upstream . but very unstable and speed also was above 1mb or 1.5-2 mb download and upload 700 kbps now low but stable.

has some thing like this happened to any of you. i have new phone wire with no noise and everything is ideal lenght pole is right next to my house almost minimal difference i reside in faisal town. exchange is not more than half a kilometer.

very ideal .

here my speed test. what u think

493277619.png

493278234.png

[/quote]

yes ok.

Yeah...I also had this kind a experience when my line profile was configured to 4MB. But since it's configured to 1 MB, connection is much stable...almost no disconnection.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yeah…I also had this kind a experience when my line profile was configured to 4MB. But since it’s configured to 1 MB, connection is much stable…almost no disconnection.
[/quote]

line profile to 4 mb how ?

who did it and why ? you are on 1mb connection then how can u set ur profile to 4mb urself?

PTCL people mistakenly configured my port when upgradation was being done. At that time my line was not stable and I was facing disconnections. So, same was complained to them and since they configured my port to 1MB my modem syncs at exact 1024/256 KBPS and connection is stable too.

since its a related thread so I will use this thread to ask this question, I also got this same zte 831 II modem after returning the smart tv device and related modem of Huawei. Below is the main issue I am facing with this modem :

> As the modem and router is on UPS when light goes earlier with Huawei modem there used to be only like 30 seconds outage and then net started to work fine, but now with this zte modem its too painful have to restart modem, router , enable disable wifi on laptop , some ipconfig /renew efforts etc etc i.e. it wastes my 10 to 15 min to get the stupid thing working again, and as I work from home this really disturbs my work, make me look bad when I interviewing people for hire and what not , in short this small down time may not be a big issue for some but for me its show stopper.

Any one else can confirm this behavior ? or its just me ..

I want Huawei HG 510 back ... :(

> The second sync issue is not sever , happens some times , I checked few days back and up/down speed in modem is like 6024/628 (or some thing near this) due to the earlier smart tv connection , as my connection is 2mbps and I ofcourse do not get any more speed than this so I will try the solution you guys are saying by calling 1218 to tell them to configure it for 2mbps , its something at exchange end or their servers ?

which wire are u using?

Are you referring to main phone line/wire ? Its ONU

Or if you referring to my laptop connection to the internet , then its connects over wifi to my Linksys router which is in turn connected to the ZTE modem.

I also have ZTE 831 and it works fine on UPS. No Diconnection No need to restart. Regarding your Speed I think its a bit slow, I normally get 140Kbps on 1MB and even my Line attenuation is high and Noise Margin is lower than yours.

Speed problem is another guy :) , I do get 230kbps or average 170/180 kbps on my 2mbps connection, though yes it varies a lot on ptcl but overall no issue with speed.

You have normal ups or one of those APC or other UPS specifically made for computers and such devices , having better sin waves or something that dont give any outage ?

Also my modem do not get restarted as such, probably just a surge when it shifts to ups and gets stuck or somthing, for Hauwei modem this stuck thing or outage was no more than 30 seconds and I never required to restaretd modem or router.