ZTE modem how to port forward

I am desperate to test port forwarding.

It looks quite simple in ZTE interface but it doesn't work.

It looks like following.

Virtual Server

Server Name Protocol External Port Internal Port Server IP Address Remove PPTP TCP 1723 1723 192.168.60.3

But when I test using website http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Port remains closed although I've restarted router.

Any help plz?

I want to test how windows 7 vpn server works.

Can you be specific which model of ZTE router do you have?

Also share a screenshot of the settings page.

well firmware version is ZXDSL 831CIIV6.2.0a_E29_PK

and plz check the screenshotimage.png

Ok, every thing looks fine, port 1723 is open, according to the settings.

Now you need to make a forward rule for the GRE protocol 47.

Thanks brother.

After adding rule for 47 it worked but the port 47 itself is found closed.

Interesting enough when I deleted GRE rule my 1723 port still finds open. its good though.

Would you like to enlighten me what 47 has to do with 1723 and how 47 itself is closed but made 1723 to open even its deleted?

PPTP allows connection to be established and GRE (General Routing Encapsulation) gets the Data "to" and "From" the tunnel destinations.

And i am unable to answer the second part of the question as i am not fully understanding the scenario.

When 47 port is forwarded 1723 seems to be opened when I check at http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ but 47 port it self is found closed.. isn't it an interesting phenomena?

Moreover I also forwarded port 80 in order to access my localhost from internet ip but it doesn't work.. is there also any other port to be forwarded as well?

Incoming port 80 is blocked by PTCL, alongwith 21,25 & 53

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:8, topic:20720”]

Incoming port 80 is blocked by PTCL, alongwith 21,25 & 53

[/quote]

WTF? why? It worked on LDN (r.i.p. :( ).

My best guess is; to cloak their own dumbness. For years they had been installing broadband modems on customer premises and never bothered to change the default user/pass of the admin interface of the modem. A simple incremental browsing of Pakistani IPs could give the surfer thousands of online admin interfaces to browse, not to mention that the DSL username is usually the phone number (local or mobile) of the user. Figure the rest yourself, by using your imagination.

Same is the case with other ports (21 telnet access to router interface, 53 is DNS port) with the exception of port 25, which is used for spamming emails usually.

Then how can I forward internal port 80? ( to access localhost )

I used external port 50000 but its still not working.

Instead by using my internet ip with no port mentioned or 80 I can access my router homepage passing login screen.

dosto I'm still waiting for your answers. :)

[quote=“AdnanBhai, post:, topic:”]

I am desperate to test port forwarding.

It looks quite simple in ZTE interface but it doesn't work.

It looks like following.

Virtual Server

Server Name Protocol External Port Internal Port Server IP Address Remove PPTP TCP 1723 1723 192.168.60.3

But when I test using website http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

Port remains closed although I've restarted router.

Any help plz?

I want to test how windows 7 vpn server works.

[/quote]

you should first disable dhcp and make static ip's of computer then use port other then 80 .ptcl will only open port 80 when you use static ip option......iam successfully running my own server on my ptcl dynamic ip.....but really ptcl devices sucks.........