Zong Internet Card/usb Modem

Hello All,,i came across this at their site.

Rs,9,999/- for usb modem

Rs 400/- plus tax per month unlimited

and the benefit same as evdo,mobility..please post your views about it and anyone who buys it.

thanks alot

http://zong.com.pk/zong_internet_usb_card.html

1. speed is lesser than evdo

I think its very good package for those who cann't get the DSL and for those who are low in budget. If one has a GPRS/EDGE enabled phone with a usb cable and modem then there is no need to purchase a USB Modem. You just need to connect your mobile phone using USB with your computer install the mobile modem software and start using the internet. If one doesn't have the mobile option then I think EVDO is much better because of lower device cost than USB modem and higher internet speed. With GPRS/EDGE once can get a max of 256kps but with EVDO you can get speeds upto 3.1 Mbps or more. But EVDO monthly is slight expensive than Zong EDGE/GPRS package as WorldCall EVDO lowest package starts from Rs. 1200/month with 256kps where as Zong package is Rs. 480(approx.) per month.

PTCL EVDO is supposedly to be launched on 1 December, 2008. One should wait for that to see what package and device cost they are offering plus other things like roaming, usb or card option.

By the way I have mobile phone(Sony Ericsson w810i) with GPRS/EDGE and a modem to connect with computer using a USB. I am going to get GPRS/EDGE unlimited package from Zong and use it from this weekend. I will then share my experiences about its speed and performance.

if i have sony ericson the same phone then what i need to use further to use this services, plz assist

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if i have sony ericson the same phone then what i need to use further to use this services, plz assist
[/quote]

If you want to use it on your phone then you should first get your GPRS/EDGE activated by calling ZONG customer services at 310. They will send you the instructions.

If you want to use it on your computer then, first you need to connect the phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your mobile phone. Then, you need to install the mobile phone modem driver using the CD that came with your mobile phone. If you don’t have the CD then you can download the software from the Sony Ericsson website. After installing the drivers you just need to create a dialup connection like you do for nomral ISPs. Use number +99# click dial and there you go… :). Make sure you have GPRS/EDGE activated before you try connecting with computer :P

The biggest advantage of Zong usb modem is that it frees you from using your phone as a modem. And of course, Zong's coverage is almost nationwide whereas EVDO is only available in Karachi as of now.

http://telecompk.net/2008/11/15/zong-internet-usb-card-rs10000-400-per-month/

Zong has poor quality and network. I am using Mobilink unlimited package and enjoying it.

Hey man nobody described the data rate difference between evdo and zong?

hey where is the BANDWIDTH rate for this connection!!

ppl. who are using it plz reply

please share ur experience about zong usb but its price is too high as compare to evdo..

Zong has poor quality and network. I am using Mobilink unlimited package and enjoying it.
[/quote]

Did you use ZoNG EDGE before? I don’t think so! First use it then post your comment. I was using Mobilink JAZZ since last 4 years but not satisfied with their GPRS network (maximum 4–5 kilobytes/sec download speed without EDGE) and highest rates. Now, their GPRS network has more connection problems than ever before. This forced me to switch over to another service provider. Now, I am using ZoNG EDGE on mobile and on PC through mobile modem which gives download speed of 20–25 kilobytes/sec at peak hours and upload speed of 8 kilobytes/sec. FYI, I am from Karachi.

last night i used zong 1 hr package but it gave me speed of 4-5 kB Both on PC And my hand set Nokia 3250 why is that so.

last night i used zong 1 hr package but it gave me speed of 4-5 kB Both on PC And my hand set Nokia 3250 why is that so.
[/quote]

Check that ZoNG is providing EDGE signals in your area.

Zong blocking All Google Services 5 days passed and not resolved. I hate Zong Edge now If this Situation remain the Same I will see other Option. Zong Doing same act like any china stuffs do after a year a so.
[/quote]

Brother, check it now. ZoNG has unblocked all Google sites from today. Now, I can browse Google.com and login to Gmail.com from PC. This is the result of many complaints from ZoNG users to PTA which forced them to unblock google services. Thanks to PTA officials for the immediate action. So, check it yourself and please inform.

is speed is good when connected to pc?

ong blocking the ads and all google services including youtube to save their bandwith or whatsoever

I had to find a new wireless internet connection when yesterday my Warid connection started charging me for the extra MBs I was using (above 2GB), so I am using Zong for now, on prepaid.

The speed is around 5-7KBps from ~2:00PM to 02:00AM and browsing is really slow too (even compared for this speed), though in early morning it gets to around 20-24KBps. I just hope it doesn't die someday altogether.

I can access youtube though

I think its very good package for those who cann’t get the DSL and for those who are low in budget. If one has a GPRS/EDGE enabled phone with a usb cable and modem then there is no need to purchase a USB Modem. You just need to connect your mobile phone using USB with your computer install the mobile modem software and start using the internet. If one doesn’t have the mobile option then I think EVDO is much better because of lower device cost than USB modem and higher internet speed. With GPRS/EDGE once can get a max of 256kps but with EVDO you can get speeds upto 3.1 Mbps or more. But EVDO monthly is slight expensive than Zong EDGE/GPRS package as WorldCall EVDO lowest package starts from Rs. 1200/month with 256kps where as Zong package is Rs. 480(approx.) per month.

PTCL EVDO is supposedly to be launched on 1 December, 2008. One should wait for that to see what package and device cost they are offering plus other things like roaming, usb or card option.

By the way I have mobile phone(Sony Ericsson w810i) with GPRS/EDGE and a modem to connect with computer using a USB. I am going to get GPRS/EDGE unlimited package from Zong and use it from this weekend. I will then share my experiences about its speed and performance.

[/quote]

Salaamz

i also want to use zong unlimited internet package but the problem is i have china mobile nktel it has gprs, gsm and wap but i did not get any usb device and cd for installation when i purchase it. Now wat shud i do to use internt on my pc as i dont want to buy 9999/rs device i can’t afford it and second thing is can i use zong internet on my mobile without any device or installation?. waiting for ur reply

thanks

no reply hmm.....

Zong USB is better then Vptcl or not