Zong GPRS..DL speed

To me, anything which is not tangible is not trust worthy. thats why i don't consider mobile internet to be internet from any telco. Having pros of mobility it has also the cons of range, coverage, congestion and limitations(limitations of handset after all its a mobile not a real PC) after connection.

For any telco to able to provide what they are advertising, they need to invest 3 times more than they already invested but i am sure YOU won't go for a Rs.1200 or 1500/month unlimited gprs/edge package which you are getting in 400 or 500 rupees. And why would Telcos invest 3 times more?

After all they are telcos not ISPs.

Its all about making internet hungry feel that they are being fed in their palms while making tons of profit.

Speaking of tangible, i have been using PTCL DSL for past 6 months or so..... I don't get more than 75% for what i am paying/what was advertised so how could one expect from a non tangible source.

Thats why i don't use my zong free internet even when there is no electricity to use my DSL. trust me its "really free" cause i don't have to load 484 rupees every month. :)

zong speed of downloading on my iphone is max 8KBps that is 56Kbps not more than that and also i do confirm this by calling the help line.

NAEEM FAROOQUI.

well for EDGE it reach to 20KBps for me.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

zong speed of downloading on my iphone is max 8KBps that is 56Kbps not more than that and also i do confirm this by calling the help line.

NAEEM FAROOQUI.

[/quote]

Don’t rely on helpline. They gave you WRONG information. Check that you are in EDGE covering area. I think, you are in GPRS area. If you are on EDGE network with atleast EDGE class 10 (236 Kilobits/sec) enabled mobile then you will get speed around 20-25 Kilobytes/sec download speed. I am getting this in Karachi. See this screenshot which I have taken on 30 April, 2009 at about 3PM:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/usman100/ScreenShots/ZongSpeed101.gif

Also watch this video screenshot:

http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUk5UQUNIR11eR1tfWlhYVl9U

This means that ZoNG EDGE has 256 kbps connection. You must have compatible hardware (EDGE enabled mobile) to get maximum speed.

Once I used it for checking my gmail account :P

Once I used it for checking my gmail account :P

This means that ZoNG EDGE has 256 kbps connection.

Zong gprs/edge iz a crap think 100 times before you are going to go for zong unlimited package i m getting damn less than 1 KB/s and i m using it from last three months and only one's luckily i got a max speed of 3 KB/s so nw u oll cn assume better what iz zong

Poor zong

Which MOBILE iz BEst 4 EDGE Connection plz tel, m e.....

Yes it is important, if we have to use mobile internet which company should we choose ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Do it stream youtube videos withou hiccups?
[/quote]

definitely NOT

I m getting 18 to 28 kb avg on my zong unlimited package got 9 gb downloads in two weeks

Zong Edge Speed

http://www.zshare.net/image/816066128c5e2c45/

Good speed there Shayan :) i think you are the Lucky one here :)