Zong going to launch ZoNGRoid!

How is this compared to the Orange San Francisco (Original name: ZTE Blade)?? .. It is sold by Orange in UK.. I was gonna get that from the UK but now im thinking of this.. baffled o.O

is this a locked phone or unlocked?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is this a locked phone or unlocked?
[/quote]

Locked, But can be easily opened in Rs 100-200 :P

how come such a low costed unlocking ??? i mean why unlocking is so cheap for this set, although for smart phones Hafeez Center charging in thousands mostly.

[/quote]

[/quote]

i don’t freakin’ get it, i googled this phone what i see is zong is charging full retail price for it (what unlocked same phone costs) and they are not selling it at subsidized cheap cost, so what is this locked phone crap man.

p.s: after reading the reviews i like one thing that android is vanilla froyo 2.2 and not oem customized, which will make upgrading future firmware hassle free

Free GPRS/EDGE? is that supposed to be a Joke @ 8 MB per month.

Free GPRS/EDGE? is that supposed to be a Joke @ 8 MB per month.
[/quote]

lol i was waiting for someone to comment on that, lmao, i.e if you just leave lets say mobile messenger open and you don’t even do single instant message on it, that messenger even in idle state messenger would tell the server you or your contacts are active or away and other notifications like your contacts coming online or going offline that traffic alone will gobble up 8 megs in just 24 hours alone. thats one app i am not even talking about email client and other apps with push data…

i think thats so stupid from zong to say 6 months of internet free… deceptive indeed

don't know who designs these plans. A much better would have been 1K x 24 Months bond or 2K x 12 Months with Free Data and Voice units. Zong is probably afraid of all sort of Unlocking stuff. But they can have a legal cover with the initial agreement to put some legal fine on owners unlocking their sets.

There can be no legal cover for unlocking sets since unlocking is the right of every consumer and is totally legal in Europe/North America. But yes the networks do need to come up with better post paid plans, free phones with binding contracts have been the norm in western countries, we need that here too...provided of course that there is a way to prevent people from breaking their contracts.

I think Zong is trying to get as much as premium it can get before this handset hit open market. Then the price will be around 100 USD

Anybody willing to buy and give some review ?

I think Zong is trying to get as much as premium it can get before this handset hit open market. Then the price will be around 100 USD
[/quote]

i agree 100%

Anybody willing to buy and give some review ?
[/quote]

hmm… you mean to say "anybody willing to suffer and b-itch about it?"

now on serious note engel phone itself is awesome and affordable, but whole bulls-hit lies in the zong contract 1- its locked phone and 2- they are selling at full premium cost.

well android phones have started to come in pk so pretty soon there will be explosion of android based unlocked phones at every price range in open market, even the zong one will be far cheaper and factory unlocked in open market pretty soon, in my case i love android and i am very confident that in coming three months or so there will good range of android phone coming in open local market so i’ll wait.

^ The same reason I have which is keeping me not to buy this phone. I thinki people who love android technology are Geeks. I don't know how zong will fool people who know everything about androids and thats why they need android.

If you think that you should wait for a few months then buy a piece of technology then i think its a lame idea. Cuz after next 3 months there wud be some other technology u wud crave for instead.. so just buy it wen u want it.

Who knows that after 3 months maybe everyone wud be running after windows mobile or even the new symbian^3 ..

If you think that you should wait for a few months then buy a piece of technology then i think its a lame idea. Cuz after next 3 months there wud be some other technology u wud crave for instead… so just buy it wen u want it.

Who knows that after 3 months maybe everyone wud be running after windows mobile or even the new symbian^3 …

[/quote]

well its 2010 pretty soon will be 2011, hmm… and your emphasis on windows mobile (i.e new 7) and symbian, well i respectfully decline to comment further, 'cause going any further won’t be debate but it will be argument with no directives. and i believe this is my last post in this thread

long live android and apple iphone iOS. and i pray these two mobile OSs always have healthy competition in future so developers at both side keep improving their respective OS.

kamran out of this thread.

anyone bought this phone and care to comment if its any good?

ppl say screen is too small, it does'nt have flash support? battery only lasts a day?

I checked the set out at Zong outlet in Big City, Liberty, Lahore and though screen is a bit small but its srolling and UI were real fluid. Appz took same amount of time to launch as on X10 but i guess this would'nt be able to run high end games.

After Ideos, Huawei is set to launch bigger phones in Q1 2011 - to compete with the big boys. Looks like Ideos X6 is going to be competing with HTC.

http://www.talkandroid.com/19120-huawei-presents-their-new-android-phones-the-ideos-x6-and-x5/

Hi,

I bought this phone on Oct 28 here in Pakistan. Its pretty responsive. Screen is bright but bit low res. i have'nt been able to figure out how to install flash on it. Installed Astro. Looked for Skype in Market but could'nt find it so downloaded the .apk of it and installed that way - now i can login to Skype but it crashes soon as i select a contact. So i did a little googling and found out that Skype for Android requires atleast 600MHz CPU as well as 480x320 res screen. IDEOS does not have either.

Other than that its a great smartphone. browsing is quick, plays all music and video formats (yxplayer) ofcourse not high res videos. So far i have not been able to do any VoIP. However Googles appz work swell. Maps, Lattitude, GTalk all work as well as on a much more expensive phone. Facebook too works A-1, however facebook videos dont work so far. YouTube works fine. All things considered its a great deal at this price!

Now if only i could unlock it!

@ Dogar

Thank you very much for your feedback. How's the battery life? And the general build quality of the phone? Also can you post some sample pics here?

good work dogar, i was also thinking to buy it myself, will buy it after reading your post, thanx for info