Zong going to launch ZoNGRoid!

Zong is soon going to launch Android 2.2 based touch screen handset in 16000 PKR with a prepaid sim!

Features:

2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen

3.2-megapixel camera

GPS

WiFi

Accelerometer

3.5mm Jack

MicroSD Card Slot

and other lots things!

I hope they don't lock it to their own network only! Phone will be definitely china made though :P

not bad. great OS but it will all come down to quality of the hardware.

Source or Sauces????

Sauces i guess.. or dis guy works in Zong :D

Source: Aamir from propakistani, anyway just called the Zong helpline,the guy there says i dont know android phone, but zong offers you touchscreen phone with microsd, twitter, blah blah in 6999 only. He also said its a very elegant device and you sir - must purchase it. :(

WOT? touchscreen in Rs. 6999??? Zong is owned by China mobile right? :P

Today again called and now they confirmed its available all over Pakistan at specified CS and Retailer shops for 15999 with 6 Months Free GPRS/EDGE (i.e 8MB/month)

2r4rfxd.jpg

^yep its the set, named IDeOS. The price in the add was shown Rs.15,999/-only!

Saw the ad on Geo Super today, you also get 6 months free mobile internet with it.

They are giving it at a premium price, where as they should offer it in cheap price e.g 8000-10000

This is probably the review of this phone!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/huawei-ideos-review-50000664/

Im in a fix now, i wanted to buy HTC Wildfire or Samsung Wave, saving some money till next month. This set have impressed me a little, can we go check it hands on from zong franchise?

Obviously there would be quality difference between HTC/Samsung and Zong, so you need to look at a demo phone first. The good thing is that this handset has Froyo, and usually the worst thing about Chinese handsets is the OS. Froyo is better than the crappy Bada OS on Samsung Wave.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

This is probably the review of this phone!

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/huawei-ideos-review-50000664/

Im in a fix now, i wanted to buy HTC Wildfire or Samsung Wave, saving some money till next month. This set have impressed me a little, can we go check it hands on from zong franchise?

[/quote]

They must have this set on every franchise atleast because the Call center guy assured me that you can even check the set from your nearest easyload shop!

Im sorry but what is Froyo? I thought this phone by Zond had Android, or is Android 2.2 called Froyo?

Im in love with Wildfire, just added Samsung Wave only because i did search about it and had to add it to make it a list :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Im sorry but what is Froyo? I thought this phone by Zond had Android, or is Android 2.2 called Froyo?
[/quote]

Hahaha yes its code name is Froyo like Cupcake, Eclair etc.

Anybody can confirm the battery timing ? I'm not sure this mobile can hold too long. I was dishearten by its screen resolution. :(

IdeOS Links.

Official Video

Zong IdeOS add

Unboxing

Camera Test Video

How it works

Good video to see how it works from inside [Not English]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXhgTk_dSg8&feature=related

Will definitely think of it buying once battery timing is confirmed. :)

Screen resolution 320x240 - rest u imagine your self. So, if you just want Andriod then fine otherwise HTC is HTC. :)

Yeah. Screen resolution is a small problem. Since this is the same resolution my Nokia X2 had at 2.2 inches so things would not be razor sharp and would be pixelated a bit with a 2.8 inch screen. However, this is a really a "best buy" for the features you are getting. The price however however is a big problem. From what i read on several blogs and tecnology sites that the price for this phone would be a maximum of $135, which translates to around 11,600. So Zong is selling it at a premium and that also "not unlocked". I confirmed this from ZONG CSR. They said it would only be compatible with ZONG Sim. If they reduce the price to the aforementioned limit then i might consider buying it. Since Android 2.2 on a phone this cheap is very surprising. Even Samsung Galaxy users are getting Android 2.2 as an "update" in the coming few weeks, quite a few months after its launch.