Zong delivery report , you cant STOP!

the main problem in this delivery report is you cant turn it OFF !

if you are sending 500 msgs per day you will get 500 sms of delivery from zong !

thats pathetic !

you will get one regular type sms from zong that the msg on that number has been delivered and you will get that in your INBOX ! bull S***

you cant turn it off , you can just unsubscribe !

zong should work over this .

this is really irritating

turn off your delivery reports in mobile message settings

i did but it doesnt work ! each n every msg i am getting another sms from zong in my inbox that this msg is delivered bla bla !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

the main problem in this delivery report is you cant turn it OFF !

if you are sending 500 msgs per day you will get 500 sms of delivery from zong !

thats pathetic !

you will get one regular type sms from zong that the msg on that number has been delivered and you will get that in your INBOX ! bull S***

you cant turn it off , you can just unsubscribe !

zong should work over this .

this is really irritating

[/quote]

Its not zong’s problem in fact they are doing this to facilitate heavy texters like you on their own expense by sending you a status report for free and creating double burden or the network for every text you send whether text received or not. cause if they don’t, then you will start complaining how could one be sure text was received or not.

So it would be quite useful if learn to disable this feature from your cell besides texting.

Edit: or buy a new 1112.

i did but it doesnt work ! each n every msg i am getting another sms from zong in my inbox that this msg is delivered bla bla !
[/quote]

Can you describe the process?

read it carefully you might have zero balance in your mobile and each time you try to send message they send back you a empty balance alert message

Its can't be that. He is an sms package subscriber. Either he doesn't know correctly how to disable the feature or his cell is somewhat faulty.

:) dear m a cellphone freak !

i know how to disable the sms delivery report from cell phone options . and i have disabled that . but still m getting the delivery report and i dont agree with the statement that zong doing this bcz of the heavy texters bla bla .

in my thinking they adopted this typo thing (sms msg form , instead of n alert) bcz people use different typo phones , some are high class and some are cheaper some supports alerts some dont . so they send it in SMS MSG form instead of n alert.

Let me clear one more thing here for some people that alert is not recorded / saved in your INBOX and dont bother you seeing in your inbox again n again when you send a msg to 200 people in your list so u are getting 200 sms from zong back that msg deliver to 123

msg not deliver to 345

msg failed 678

etc etc

these reports should b stored in sent items with a chk mark (alert) . like it happened when the delivery reports were not off by default.

any how .

any solution for that !

read it carefully you might have zero balance in your mobile and each time you try to send message they send back you a empty balance alert message
[/quote]

no one is saying this thing and this is not the case / topic.

i just want the SMS DELIVERY reports in alert form and not in the msg form.

for help please see this ,

i sent a msg to a person and i got the SMS from zong like this

2011/04/02 12:29 To 923322134428 message delivered.

and thats in my INBOX as a standard SMS .

i sent a msg to other number and i got sms from zong in my inbox like following :

MSG delayed for 923453343261 IMSI detached

so if i m sending 500 sms to lists or more then i m getting 500 delivery reports in SMS means 500 sms from zong ! irritating !

:) dear m a cellphone freak !

i know how to disable the sms delivery report from cell phone options . and i have disabled that . but still m getting the delivery report and i dont agree with the statement that zong doing this bcz of the heavy texters bla bla .

in my thinking they adopted this typo thing (sms msg form , instead of n alert) bcz people use different typo phones , some are high class and some are cheaper some supports alerts some dont . so they send it in SMS MSG form instead of n alert.

Let me clear one more thing here for some people that alert is not recorded / saved in your INBOX and dont bother you seeing in your inbox again n again when you send a msg to 200 people in your list so u are getting 200 sms from zong back that msg deliver to 123

msg not deliver to 345

msg failed 678

etc etc

these reports should b stored in sent items with a chk mark (alert) . like it happened when the delivery reports were not off by default.

any how .

any solution for that !

[/quote]

Process of elimination.

Try changing your cell. a different model of same brand or perhaps, different model of different brand if you haven’t already tried that.

^^ HuH !

As you wish then... :|

dear i did check it but the delivery report in zong is coming over SMS and not as alert . this is not with me only , this is with several other people too. Google it and u will see that .

i was interested in asking a solution actually .

i called zong lil earlier and got the pathetic reply that this is better than sending thru alerts :)

any how i was not astonished bcz i know what is the technical level of the helping (so called) staf in zong :)

zong really lacking in this depart.

--

dear i did check it but the delivery report in zong is coming over SMS and not as alert . this is not with me only , this is with several other people too. Google it and u will see that .

i was interested in asking a solution actually .

i called zong lil earlier and got the pathetic reply that this is better than sending thru alerts :)

any how i was not astonished bcz i know what is the technical level of the helping (so called) staf in zong :)

zong really lacking in this depart.

[/quote]

Do you mean to say that zong has really changed the way we receive the status report? If yes, then how come I, not receiving such messages?

--

Do you mean to say that zong has really changed the way we receive the status report? If yes, then how come I, not receiving such messages?

[/quote]

my dear i have checked with other phones included these : nokia n78

sony k550i

nokia x3 02

and also with SE w580i

in all these sets delivery report is coming through SMS and not as an alert . Most above of all these , zong is accepting this issue that they are sending the sms report as SMS instead of an alert . dont know which connection u r using :) when zong is sending the sms delivery report as a SMS .

ok i got the reply in written from zong today , see this , and specialy FAISAL how come you were saying that you are getting the delivery reports as alerts :) thats not possible see the reply from zong i got a few minutes before.

from Customer Services

to Nadeem Ahmed

date Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM

subject RE: salam zong (delivery report issue)

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Reference your concern; we regret to inform you that alert service cannot be made available for message delivery confirmation at the moment. However we are taking it as a suggestion and forwarding to concerns for consideration.

Thank you for being our valued customer.

Regards,

ZONG Customer Services

A CHINA MOBILE Company

UAN: 111-222-111; Helpline: 310

Fax: 051-111-031-031

Email: customerservices@zong.com.pk

URL: www.zong.com.pk

500 SMS par day wow so much time take