Zong Closing Down?

A friend of mine working in Zong strtegy team revealed that China Mobile Management is thinking of pulling back from Pakistan. They have faced heavy losses in Pakistan. China mobile's team in pakistan were bluffing their higher ups with Subscriber numbers but these sibscribers are not giving them any revenue..they arent making any profit and they spent huge amount of money on their network..So dont get upset if your zong number stops working in a day or so :) :) joking...someone will buy it dont worry...

Whats your source... ?

Fake news dude. China Mobile Company isn't a Shoukat Aziz which will loot and run away. DOn't worry.

fake news...

What abt if i say that the moon is going to collide with our earth today? :/

Man how can u expect us to believe in whatever u r saying without any authenticated source.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

A friend of mine working in Zong strtegy team revealed that China Mobile Management is thinking of pulling back from Pakistan. They have faced heavy losses in Pakistan. China mobile’s team in pakistan were bluffing their higher ups with Subscriber numbers but these sibscribers are not giving them any revenue…they arent making any profit and they spent huge amount of money on their network…So dont get upset if your zong number stops working in a day or so :) :slight_smile: joking…someone will buy it dont worry…
[/quote]

Baseless propaganda.

Why would Zong spend millions of money just for one day on ads if they are going to close.

well if u said this about mobilink then i might beleive u coz mobilink is the network who is in heavy loss these days and i have heard that Vodafone might be the buyer of Mobilink. but on 12th of April i have seen that zong have put about Billions of Rs on many T.V channels just to celebrate its 1st anniversary (and to also show that sohni bachi :P ).

Sorry i cant reveal my source..and advertising heavily on TV can be a trick to make a buzz before selling it..Heavy advertisment gives you higher recall and then you can sell the company on a handsome amount..Well i cant be 100% sure till its really done..

@ Shauk: if i say same thing abt mobilink, you will believe it? Why? because its the oldest player? Arent they advertising heavily...PLus if mobilink is making loses nowadays, they have made huge revenues in the past...much higher than what other companys are earning in nowadays...so mobilink must be having huge reserves and it wont matter for them if they r making loses for a month or so...Between i heard Ufone is making much higher revenues than any other company from Nov08 till date...

Sorry i cant reveal my source…and advertising heavily on TV can be a trick to make a buzz before selling it…Heavy advertisment gives you higher recall and then you can sell the company on a handsome amount…Well i cant be 100% sure till its really done…

@ Shauk: if i say same thing abt mobilink, you will believe it? Why? because its the oldest player? Arent they advertising heavily…PLus if mobilink is making loses nowadays, they have made huge revenues in the past…much higher than what other companys are earning in nowadays…so mobilink must be having huge reserves and it wont matter for them if they r making loses for a month or so…Between i heard Ufone is making much higher revenues than any other company from Nov08 till date…

[/quote]

Stop it man,they can’t run so easily,there is something called as contracts in company law.If you break then …you know it better.

Remember China has always supported Pakistan. From nuclear energy to damms they have always come out of the way to help their Pakistani friends.

I don't think that they are facing any losses. Moreover PTA still there as a regulator. If Mobilink is still in the field then how China Mobile, the largest cellelar company in this world can let down their brand?

I think more players should be brought in this field, as this will create more competition and PTA should also think to lessen their license fees and other taxes, so that atleast the communication could get back on track.

Give these companies specific targets with competition, otherwise this IT and Telecom field will also become just like PTCL, PIA and WAPDA.

CMPAK is here to stay. Infact, some merger(s) might be in the offing but Zong won't be gone.

hmm april fool but late april fool today is 21apr :P

A friend of mine working in Zong strtegy team revealed that China Mobile Management is thinking of pulling back from Pakistan. They have faced heavy losses in Pakistan. China mobile’s team in pakistan were bluffing their higher ups with Subscriber numbers but these sibscribers are not giving them any revenue…they arent making any profit and they spent huge amount of money on their network…So dont get upset if your zong number stops working in a day or so :) :slight_smile: joking…someone will buy it dont worry…
[/quote]

On the contrary,they(CMPAK) are trying to buy Warid.

hehehehe

On the contrary,they are trying to buy Warid(CMPAK).

[/quote]

Warid is not CMPAK. Zong is CMPAK.

Best FAKY NEWS OF 2009 ,

I think he meant to say that they, CMPAK, is trying to buy Warid. The sentence arrangement was a little messed up ;)

I think he meant to say that they, CMPAK, is trying to buy Warid. The sentence arrangement was a little messed up ;)
[/quote]

Exactly…

I was in China few years back and my friend was Marketing Director and of the China Telecom in Gunagzhou, China. She update me about their movement to Pakistan way back then and also mentioned the size and magnitude of the business and calls and revenues of China Telecom.

Zong is peanut for them, and its their first foreign venture. Chinese are very aggressive. smart and fast moving people as far I know them. Any company or business is always looking for Money in time of expansion or crisis. We all know it well how much money they have in ther reserves and the scale of extra $ flowing in their country.

Beside Zong, presently China is buying every available company in the world at half the price. I wouldn;t be surprise if you listen takeover of Warid and even Ufone by Chinese companies in near future. (beside ufone being profitable).

Secondly, they have rented their Rawalpindi Main office on very high price from someone i knew very well. So I would have heard about closing their operations bit earlier as they have to inform in advance before vacanting the premises.

So I don't buy this ZONG closing down theory.

i think this thread should be closed now ,we should not waste our time in such fake and baseless news.