Zong 2gb, 4gb & True Unlimited Package

I was browsing WiredPakistan forums & i saw this post in the "Ufone Postpaid Unlimited Data Plan" thread so i made a new thread for it .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Today i received message from zong that dial 905 to activate unlimited mobile internet package for Rs.999+t/Month, seeing that make me so worried because i subscribe to their so called unlimited internet package for Rs.484, i called service center and ask about available packages of gprs (prepaid) they told me that 1st Package is for Rs.999+t and it is totaly unlimited, 2nd package is for Rs.400+t but with 4Gb capicity which is increased by us from 2GB. I was realy surprised that zong has increased its capicity. So this is the current update, but i dont have any idea how to subscribe 4gb package? Because they told to subscribe unlimited package (for Rs.999+t) dial 905, and same for 4Gb. Anyone have idea? Anyways zong internet realy sucks since last week, very very very slow, before that it was average. Now we can say, slowest speed with highest price. I am waiting for ufone to increase its limit, so i get back to ufone again, ufone is realy perfect
[/quote]

I have not confirmed this yet but i believe they have done it.

Excellent step by zong! :D

{Changed the Subject of the topic, due to the new details available now}

i posted the same message thing in zong sticky thread.can you inform me how i can activate the 4 gb package???

Thanxxx Dear Great News ......

i posted the same message thing in zong sticky thread.can you inform me how i can activate the 4 gb package???
[/quote]

All zong 2gb unlimited subscribers are automatically upgraded to 4gb unlimited.

I am happy to know that i am the 1st to bring this news :D my current package will expire tomorrow, so i'll see wether their speed increase or remain slow, these days i am not happy with the speed, in previous days i usualy download above 100MB in 4 hrs at night, but since last week zong is not suceeded to download atleast 40MB in 4 hrs. So anyone plz confirm that wether they restricted their download speed for limited internet package or it is network problem

What the hell one would use this crap? I have edge in Jhelum but most of the time it's more pathetic than the gprs speed. Some times it jumps but most of the time it is creeping.

Moreover I used mnp and shifted to zong from telenor.

What's you people expriencing?

I hope due to competition others make it 4gb as well, though i think it should be minimum 5gb

I think zong did'nt made a good decsicion, because 1000+ for unlimited internet is very very high, they should introduce package like this, 4gb for 300+tax and unlimited for 500+tax or 600+tax maximum. Than it will be the best packages, if zong realy think that each people are using more than 4gb than they must decrease the rates of limited data plan. There are many peoples who do not use much internet, so this is now becoming too expensive for them. 1000+ is too much, no good speed and that much expensive? Come on zong you are not providing 3g service to the peoples. If this do not changed, i'll think about telenor postpaid, because telenor edge is the fastest data network in Pakistan.

what is the process if i want to activate the 4 gb package???is it same as before??? :|

What’s you people expriencing?
[/quote]

Well i am getting full speed at my area (in karachi). 26kbps download & 14kbps upload.

I am satisfied with zong. specially after the 4gb limit instead of 2gb.

What the hell one would use this crap? I have edge in Jhelum but most of the time it’s more pathetic than the gprs speed. Some times it jumps but most of the time it is creeping.

Moreover I used mnp and shifted to zong from telenor.

What’s you people expriencing?

[/quote]

Well, I don’t know about your city. I am from karachi and ZoNG has the fastest EDGE network in Karachi, better than all others. Now, I am experiencing about 30% increase in download/ upload speed on PC with 4GB ZoNG internet package from today. This is really great! Excellent work ZoNG.

These are the Video screenshots which I have recorded on 18 th June, 2009:

(01) Download: 37 Kilobytes/sec (or 296 kilobits/sec) ; Upload: 9.6 kilobytes/sec

(02) Download: 34.8 Kilobytes/sec (or 278 kilobits/sec) ; Upload: 9.8 kilobytes/sec

(03) Download: 29.4 Kilobytes/sec (or 235 kilobits/sec) ; Upload: 6.4 kilobytes/sec

This is really unbelieveable speed with EDGE class 10 mobile.

thats great...

i wish one day come when we can have 1, 2 MB lines on our cells

^^Yeah we all want 3G but we all know its not coming anytime soon, I read in Spider magazine that 4 out of 5 companies opposed 3G and requested PTA not to sell 3G licenses, only Telenor was supporting 3G.

what about something like tata photon in pakistan?????i think companies should invest in mobile broadband :)

good news but zong GPRS to show

good news but zong GPRS to show
[/quote]

Did you mean “too slow”?? But from 18 th June, I am experiencing great increase in download speed of ZoNG 4GB internet package on my PC : 26—37 Kilobytes/sec (or 208—296 Kilobits/sec). Most of the times, it is more than 30 Kilobytes/sec download speed While theoritically this speed is not possible with EDGE Class 10 mobile (236.8 Kilobits/sec max.) but I am getting this speed all times day and night!! I don’t know how this is possible??

So far, I've been hearing praises from Karachi-based people. As far as Rawalpindi and Islamabad are concerned, my experience has been quite dismal. Haven't used it lately (for almost over a month) since I got ticked off by the issues I had with it, but I think I'll waste some more money and see...

In the video below recorded by me today, you can see the use of "Net Meter" freeware software with ZoNG internet connection during realtime streaming of an audio MP3 file:

http://www.4shared.com/file/113192381/ef01d3c8/ZoNG_MP3_Streaming1.html

Download this MP4 video for more clear view.

If you want to know the remaining free bandwidth left on your 4GB ZoNG internet package then simply write "P" in new SMS and send it to 102. You will receive message like this:

"Your Package is B1 T27 12 Annay Package. Free resources left 3864400 Free Volume (BaseRate: Per KB) of ALL Net PS. Thank you."

This SMS will cost 0.61 rupees (tax included). Here free volume is in Kilobytes (KB). Convert it to GB:

3864400 KB/1024 = 3773.82813 MB

3773.82813 MB/1024 = 3.68538 GB

So, I have about 3.6 GB bandwidth remaining on my 4GB package for this month.

javairya25@yahoo.com such freind call me online