Zabardast digital box!

Johny Bhai where are from? Where is this service available?

[quote=", post:161, topic:16359"]

Johny Bhai where are from? Where is this service available?

[/quote]

I’m from Mars. This service is available on Neptune.

[quote=“johnny98, post:162, topic:16359”]

I’m from Mars. This service is available on Neptune.

[/quote]

started receiving signals here at Venus too…signal strength is almost 73%…hope HD works well. B)

I means you guys have Zabardast Digital Box HD, likewise i have Dish TV HD. :)

Yar Please Koi Batayega Yeh Channels Digital Box ke Hindi Main Hain Ya English Main ???

TLC

FOX TRAVEL

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC

NAT GEO ADVENTURE

NAT GEO WILD

DISCOVERY

DISCOVERY SCIENCE

DISCOVERY TURBO

ANIMAL PLANET

^^^^

[quote=“johnny98, post:159, topic:16359”]

My friendly friend and neighbourly neighbor @baluch, did you try inserting their cable directly into your TV? The analog reception at my end is crystal clear. It is actually 200x better than showoff-time.

I don’t think the reception should get worse in the evening, especially on the digital channels. Press the menu button on your digital remote, then go to the second icon on the left (installation), then select quick search. This section will show the signal strength and quality. You can edit the frequency to check other freqs as well. For instance 411, 379 and any other freq on which other channels are running. If quality is lower than 90 and signal intensity is lower than 77 or 76, you’re in trouble. Check this in front of the cable guy (probably imran) and you should ask them to fix this because this will result in breaks and will also give you bad reception on analog. Ask them to make sure the signal strength is excellent.

Another thing to check is the video cable (they use a technical name for it which I don’t remember, DV cable or something like that), the one that goes from the box into your TV’s antenna slot, is of good quality. I bought a low quality one from a local shop which cost around Rs. 75 and the analog reception was very poor. I then switched to the cable I got from worldcall a few years ago which is of higher quality and the analog reception went to perfect.

Luckily, the problem on freq 435 appears to have been resolved. Not sure if my complaint to SDN did the trick but all of a sudden today, all 435 channels including Neo Cricket, Star World and Nat Geo Wild are now back to normal with zero breaks and 76-77% signal intesity.

[/quote]

yes my brother

i wanted to inform you the same, yesterday evening all channels were working perfectly, however there was no signal from 10:30 to onwards i dont know when, but i m happy now that i hav this and i am enjoying this because of u

thanks a lot bhai.

@Raheel

take my advise...read all posts

[quote=“baluch, post:167, topic:16359”]

yes my brother

i wanted to inform you the same, yesterday evening all channels were working perfectly, however there was no signal from 10:30 to onwards i dont know when, but i m happy now that i hav this and i am enjoying this because of u

thanks a lot bhai.

[/quote]

Good to hear! Glad I was able to help. At my end, digital has been off since Monday night apparently because of the miscreants who disconnected cables across Karachi. Let’s see how soon this matter gets resolved.

Can someone please tell me the number of any digital cable TV provider in DHA Phase 7 or anywhere near here?

I went to the MPC website, called the number given there and asked and they gave me the number for DIGI cable which does not work(it plays some Zumba song and then shuts down).

Also would this be more expensive than PTCL Smart TV?

1 SONY (NO AUTHORISED)

2 ZEE TV

3 IMAGINE TV

4 COLORS TV (NO AUTHORISED)

5 SAB TV

6 SAHARA TV

7 ZEE SMILE

8 ETV URDU

9 ZEE CINEMA

19 ZEE PREIMIER

11 ZEE ACTION

[quote=“rimtiaz, post:171, topic:16359”]

1 SONY (NO AUTHORISED)

2 ZEE TV

3 IMAGINE TV

4 COLORS TV (NO AUTHORISED)

5 SAB TV

6 SAHARA TV

7 ZEE SMILE

8 ETV URDU

9 ZEE CINEMA

19 ZEE PREIMIER

11 ZEE ACTION

[/quote]

@rimtiaz nice SEO cut/copy/paste post. It will give your URL more exposure (forum posting technique). :P

Some not-so-zabardast news: For the last couple of days, reception on my digital box has been extremely poor. There's disturbance on all digital channels, signal quality drops down to around 72 during the day and when I do an auto search, I get ~40-80 digital channels and all of them are distorted. It becomes almost normal late in the evening at around 8.00 PM.

Has anyone else got this problem? Or is it affecting just my area?

u r rite the chaanels from solo head ends reception has v poor since few days all the channels r breaking all 98 chaanels has very poor reception but the local channels which according to johnny is from some other head end are working fine with no problems.

service back to normal no jerks no breaks

[quote=“alijokhio, post:175, topic:16359”]

service back to normal no jerks no breaks

[/quote]

My brotherly friend and friendly brother @ali, there were still a lot of breaks on several channels in the morning yesterday while the rest were running fine. Also, I’ve noticed that this problem is really bad in the morning and then in the evening all channels go back to normal. This probably shows that the signal becomes weak in the morning hours for some unknown reason.

Can you do me a favour and call up SDN directly and lodge a complaint about this issue? I did so myself on Saturday because this is a really annoying problem which they definitely need to sort out fast!!!

@ Jhonny .

My dear , might be your signal from your cable wala is so weak or maximized that y u r facing such problem . If maximized then you have to use a spliter to reduce its DB.

I am using that magic box from 7 months and happily says their is no bad issue I feel yet . No breakage nor signal problem .

Few months ago I faced same problem & I much confused why this problem occurred any how I purchased a signal amplifier of a good company (brand name is not in my mind) but it is in a white plastic box .(Do not purchase Steel box amplifier its is so poor quality ) .

From out put 1 line I directly put in the box & my problem was finished . For reducing signal its have a screw for viewing better signal .

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think we should have to install a signal amplifier for any reason because it is the cable operator's responsibility to ensure that every subscriber gets good quality reception. That's the whole idea behind switching to digital receivers.

Another thing, from what at least one other person has mentioned it appears that signal quality is not the cause of the breaks/poor reception. It is something that Solo needs to fix at their headend. In any case, reception has gone back to "almost" normal for the last couple of days without any amplifiers so it appears that Solo is doing something about this, or at least so it seems.

@ Jhony

My dear , I am using this box from 7 months . In starting i faced lot of problems such as Some channels are working fine but few showing bad result broken signals. I much surprised because I don't understand why it happened . If the problem is only about signal so why another channels are working fine . So I though might be it appeared from head-in .

But.... once upon a time to resolve this issue I bough a cheaper amplifier ( china ) & put directly wire from output to box with out having any other joint .

I did many practicals and found the result if the signal from your cable wala have strong strength then some channels might be showing broken result or if you joint another wire simultaneously for your TV so that also effect on the result .

Right now 98 channels are on air and no any single channel having such problem . So its mean this problem is not from Solo end .

No digital since last night. Anyone else with this problem? Called up Solo and they said it's from your local cable ops end. Maybe they didn't pay their bills on time? Local cable op says their office is closed because someone's father passed away. Not sure if that's the reason for no digital all of a sudden. I can understand the need to mourn the loss but it's not right to force others to mourn as well. The world goes on and you can't shut down an entire business this way so that it affects your customers.