Zabardast digital box!

Guys, who are getting this service could you kindly share any screen shots of this service. I mean hows the quality and content so far.

[quote=“waqar22, post:120, topic:16359”]

bhai johnny apne cabel wala ko bolo power full amp[lifier laga apne end ma jo digital singla support karay aur rj7 cable aur rj6 ma kafe farq ha

i had rg6 cable aur us ka reception kafe kharba tha jab rg7 purchase kaa tu sare chanel crystal clear ho gayaya

[/quote]

Thanks Waqar! I just called up KCS in my area and spoke to the guy incharge and he first gave me a lecture on how experienced he is in cable operations and then said that both rg6 and rg7 are fine as long as they are “copper” and that they installed the best quality of cable in my house. He said that I shouldn’t worry about rg6 and rg7 as the rg6 he installed is better than rg7, otherwise he would just tell me the price difference and install rg7 but he said that it’s not required.

I then called up Solo on their direct number and spoke to someone who also confirmed that rg6 cable should be fine. He was surprised to hear that my box is receiving 111 channels because he said solo is only providing a max of 98 channels! He then asked me to do a “delete all channels”, do a “restore factory settings”, then re-tune using auto search, then go to Star World from the list and allow the box to automatically update the channel list. This way, the list went back to the 98 original channels that solo is providing from its headend and these channels have no distortion overall.

So I guess my cable wala was also right. The distortion I get is only on channels that someone else is forcing into the system from their own headend (probably KCS like Ali pointed out). On the original solo list of 98 channels, there’s no WB or Sony Pix (WB) or mbc max or any local channel like Express News. These are the channels which I get distortion on. Quite surprising because if you run an auto search, the box automatically receives the extra channels but apparently the extra channels are not from Solo but being input by local cable operators themselves. Also, Solo quite proudly states that their box does NOT include any local channels and they’re showing only international channels. So these channels (mostly local and some others like WB and MBC Max) are obviously not from solo.

I've talk to my cable operator just few minutes ago and he told that he has box but its without card. Digital Box with card will take some days to came. Can any told me what is the case with card and without card?

raheel bhai some cable operators r not providing the box they r waiting for decrease the price of digital box my cable operator also not providing me box he just say wait i think there is no any way to purchase this box do u know any thing about this?

You can try calling Solo directly and see if they offer to sell you the box (number shown in ad) but I doubt it. They want local cable operators to get these boxes from them and then sell them to their subscribers. Hopefully your cable operator will start this service soon. They just use delaying tactics because they need to get the setup ready at their end first and that also costs them money.

The service is good but there is still room for improvement. Maybe addition of more channels and reduction in price because at the moment, local cable operators will charge Rs. 500 for digital and Rs. 250 for analog as well.

Does anyone know how to play .wmv, .avi or .mp4 files on this ZABARDAST digital box? I tried copying them to my USB but they don't appear in the USB file list menu. Looks like it can only show images and mp3 files. Also tried the live TV record feature and the rewind and playback feature is not so good.

they r not providing the box to users i have gone mpc office.we can get this box through cable operators .

But my question is still there...What is the difference between card and without card? What is better? What are you guys using?

WITHOUT CARD DIGITAL BOX VALEU IS ZERO IF U HAVE CARD U CAN WATCH ALL CHANNELS AND RECHARG THIS EVERY MONTH CARD IS NECESSORY FOR WATCHING ALL CHANNELS SOME CHANNELS ARE COMING WITHOUT CARD WHICH ARE FTA .

[quote=“imran88, post:129, topic:16359”]

WITHOUT CARD DIGITAL BOX VALEU IS ZERO IF U HAVE CARD U CAN WATCH ALL CHANNELS AND RECHARG THIS EVERY MONTH CARD IS NECESSORY FOR WATCHING ALL CHANNELS SOME CHANNELS ARE COMING WITHOUT CARD WHICH ARE FTA .

[/quote]

Right so what are those FTA channels ? If my local cable wala does not offer this service, what channels i can expect by plugging in my cable into a digital box ?

some channels are coming which can watch on analog cable aj geo tv etc

[quote=“imran88, post:131, topic:16359”]

some channels are coming which can watch on analog cable aj geo tv etc

[/quote]

Right. Any international channels which are FTA and can be picked with the digital box ?

ZABARDAST digital box is really ZABARDAST!

Since cable operators is delaying, what is the opinion about Dish Tv?

Well, a friend of mine has this digital box and already they've started changing the channel line up. Replaced a channel he liked with Peace TV! I ask you, Peace TV! So he complained about this, but up to now they have not put the channel back... This will go the same way as all the rest, I'm sure -- soon he'll be paying just for the local channels and a handful of third rate english channels like Dubai One, etc. --- Case in point : World Call.

[quote=“johnny98, post:133, topic:16359”]

ZABARDAST digital box is really ZABARDAST!

[/quote]

Bhai, i live in same Area, Allama Iqbal Road, need to know how can i get this awesome package, i already have showtime cable which is of no use.

pls guide me and give any contact number of KCS ppl of our area.

thanks in advance

[quote=“baluch, post:136, topic:16359”]

Bhai, i live in same Area, Allama Iqbal Road, need to know how can i get this awesome package, i already have showtime cable which is of no use.

pls guide me and give any contact number of KCS ppl of our area.

thanks in advance

[/quote]

@Baluch my friend and friendly neighborhood subscriber, contact KCS Shakeel Bhai on this number for Allama Iqbal Rd: 021-3-4315393. He will send his boys over to you to get the payment and arrange to install the box and cable the next day. Showtime cable is a total flop, poor reception and they’re dragging their feet regarding the digital box.

[quote=“MamboNo5, post:135, topic:16359”]

Well, a friend of mine has this digital box and already they’ve started changing the channel line up. Replaced a channel he liked with Peace TV! I ask you, Peace TV! So he complained about this, but up to now they have not put the channel back… This will go the same way as all the rest, I’m sure – soon he’ll be paying just for the local channels and a handful of third rate english channels like Dubai One, etc. — Case in point : World Call.

[/quote]

You are right about Pieces TV. Solo recently removed the channel called 13 Street which was a series channel and replaced it with “many many pieces of peaceful urdu TV” so that all of us can learn and enjoy by watching this wonderful, exciting thrilling and entertaining channel. I wonder what the problem is with these guys when they can provide at least 200 or more channels on their digital box but they insist on offering just 98! Why 98? Why not 98.5 or 99 channels? Why not 101 channels and just 98??? No idea what the problem is and why they’re not increasing the number of channels and just removing 13 Street this way instead of adding more interesting channels especially when they do have access at least 200 or more channels from their various satellite dishes. I wonder when they will stop picking and choosing and who or what is restricting their channel lineup.

Yes, I too shudder at the thought of more channels being thrown out this way. But let’s see how it goes and hope for the best. But do keep calling them up and bother them about this if you can on their helpline number. Maybe it will make a difference.

I called up Solo (or skyline digital network as they like to call themsevels) and asked them about 13 Street. They said yes channels get replaced every now and then as if it was no big deal. I asked if they could put it back on and he said "yeah sure" as if he didn't care too much about it.

I also asked him about the number of channels and why they have just 98 so far and he said in the next week or so we'll have 100. i.e. they're planning to add TWO NEW CHANNELS in the next few days!!! Wow! TWO MORE!!! Yay!!! I just hope it's not Qtv and Waseb... ;)

I too m in the process of purchasing this oh so hyped up digital box. Hope its worth it and does all tht it claims of doing. Just wonder sometimes tht we ppl are so deprived of quality tv. I mean we arnt even at par with the international level of channels shown abroad. No american idol this time and this sucks so bad.